3GS very slow after 4.0 jailbreak

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I finally was able to get the snowbreeze jailbreak to install on my 3GS tonight with 4.0.

After the phone rebooted, I am having issues.

Cydia is installed, but I cant find ROCK when I search.
Can not find my installed jailbreak apps

Trying to sync my music library and it is extremely slow. It has been syncing for about an hour and has only installed 39 songs. I unplugged my phone, hooked up my wifes 3GS with 4.0 and not jailbroken. Her phone syncs songs as it should. about 2 seconds per song. My jailbroked 3GS is doing about 1 song per 2 mins

any thoughts?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
The 3G and 3GS have slower processors. How much memory does your 3GS have? As I mentioned in another post, I SSH'd iPhoneVM into my 3G 8G OS4. This Helped tremendously with the "slow" issue and so far after running VM now for about a week I have had no issues.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I finally was able to get the snowbreeze jailbreak to install on my 3GS tonight with 4.0.

After the phone rebooted, I am having issues.

Cydia is installed, but I cant find ROCK when I search.
Can not find my installed jailbreak apps

Trying to sync my music library and it is extremely slow. It has been syncing for about an hour and has only installed 39 songs. I unplugged my phone, hooked up my wifes 3GS with 4.0 and not jailbroken. Her phone syncs songs as it should. about 2 seconds per song. My jailbroked 3GS is doing about 1 song per 2 mins

any thoughts?

After it installed 4.0, you restored data from a backup i bet?

Redo putting on 4.0 on the phone, this time dont restore data, setup as new. You'll have to organize and put stuff back into folders and let itunes sync apps to get em all back, but something in the restore data carries old settings or something.

I had the same issue. Setup as new, and no problems since

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The 3G and 3GS have slower processors. How much memory does your 3GS have? As I mentioned in another post, I SSH'd iPhoneVM into my 3G 8G OS4. This Helped tremendously with the "slow" issue and so far after running VM now for about a week I have had no issues.

3G yes its slow. Its the redheaded step child.

3GS is not if done right

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm aware of being a "stepchild". With iPhoneVM I can do what I need. I just couldn't see dishing out for the i-4 at this time. Let 'em get "ALL" the kinks out. The Antenna thing is a hardware design flaw. It's been in the hands of the tester's for less than a month. Give it a few more months of "Street" testing, then I'll be a cautiously optimistic owner. By then the i-5 will have been released... LOL

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware of being a "stepchild". With iPhoneVM I can do what I need. I just couldn't see dishing out for the i-4 at this time. Let 'em get "ALL" the kinks out. The Antenna thing is a hardware design flaw. It's been in the hands of the tester's for less than a month. Give it a few more months of "Street" testing, then I'll be a cautiously optimistic owner. By then the i-5 will have been released... LOL

We're talking about 3G and 3GS, not the iphone4......

SmoothB

May 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm a newbie currently using an iPhone 3G running OS4 (T-Mobile). Can someone guide me through the process of SSH'ing iPhoneVM into my 3G or direct me to a link?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm fully aware of that. OS 4.0 was intended to be the OS for the iphone 4. It was not released as an upgrade for 3.1.3 or anything lower. That's why Apple released their disclaimers in effect saying so. OS 4 is capable of running on these iphone's. Apple'd be foolish not to have it backward compatible to this hardware. But, it has numerous flaws. One major being the memory issue. Moreso on the 3G than 3GS. What I'm offering is a fix for both iPhone's using iPhoneVM. If one is happy with their 3GS on 4.0 running slower... so be it... This (Memory/Slowness) is only an issue when multitasking. If your iphone is only used for calls, playing one game at a time or one app or using the ipad side for music, then there should not be an issue.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm a newbie currently using an iPhone 3G running OS4 (T-Mobile). Can someone guide me through the process of SSH'ing iPhoneVM into my 3G or direct me to a link?

Check out ModMyI.com They have numerous downloads including the one you seek. In addition answers to numerous questions and issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2