3G with ios 4.0 jailbreak can't restore phone? Stuck 2/3

jonbeattie

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all
I have 3G that had ios 4.0, was jail broke with redsnow.

Phone was super mixed up the last couple of days

I though since 4.01 came out it would undo the jail break and reset everything.

ITunes sees the phone and start the restore as it says it's in restore state and must be restored.

The progress bat get almost complete on the mac in iTunes and the phone's progress bar stops about 2/3 way complete. Them they both just sit.

I gave it over two hours and ended up having to reboot the mac

Can someone please advise?

Thanks
Jon

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded my (2) 3G's to OS4 and JB'ed with Pwnage. First JB process needed a number of tries. FINALLY... BAM... JB. While tweaking and customizing had a few crashes and re- JB's... on a few of those They also froze... Finally, my 3G's are as I wish. I had the "SLOW" issue and SSH'd iPhoneVM into both phone's. been running them with VM now for about a week with no issues... In fact both phones generally run about 15 to 20 MB above what was normal (10 - 20) NOW... (43 - 70).
You mentioned 4.0.1 and I'm not sure if you "Restored" with 4.0.1 or 4.0. If you restored with 4.0.1 currently your out of luck... If you restored with 4.0... Only advise I can give is have patience and keep trying... Remember though... Basicly your on your own... There is always the possibility of bricking... Good Luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro