Redsn0w - waiting for reboot - searched and tried solutions already

darkpaladin79

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone, I know you probably get tons of people asking this question, but I'm stuck on the waiting for reboot in redsn0w. Here's all the information I can give:

redsn0w 0.9.5b5-b
Most recent iTunes
iPod Touch 2nd Gen (non-mc)
current firmware: official 4.0, using "iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw"
Windows 7 and Windows Xp

Things I tried:
all combinations of compatibility mode/run as admin in win7
safe mode in win7
restore iPod and try again
restart computer after initial stage of jb
manually shutdown iPod and put back into dfu mode
manually shutdown iPod and put back into recovery mode
note: when I do this, the jb will continue like it should and get to finish, but nothing happens on the iPod. It just stays on the iTunes plug screen the whole time.
unplug and replug cable in same and different ports
older version of redsn0w
different cable
removing all options but "install cydia" in redsn0w

I'm sure that I'm putting it into dfu and recovery mode correctly because I can tell from the device manager. From what I've read it sounds like the only problem would be the ipsw, but I'm sure I have the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
So you are using the firmware for the ipod touch 2g and not an iPhone, right? if so you probably aren't in DFU mode, there should be nothing on the screen at all. just a black screen.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think 4.0 is jailbreakable unless you install a custom hacked OS. I'd just put 3.1.3 on it and then use spirit.

Hey everyone, I know you probably get tons of people asking this question, but I'm stuck on the waiting for reboot in redsn0w. Here's all the information I can give:

redsn0w 0.9.5b5-b
Most recent iTunes
iPod Touch 2nd Gen (non-mc)
current firmware: official 4.0, using "iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw"
Windows 7 and Windows Xp

Things I tried:
all combinations of compatibility mode/run as admin in win7
safe mode in win7
restore iPod and try again
restart computer after initial stage of jb
manually shutdown iPod and put back into dfu mode
manually shutdown iPod and put back into recovery mode
note: when I do this, the jb will continue like it should and get to finish, but nothing happens on the iPod. It just stays on the iTunes plug screen the whole time.
unplug and replug cable in same and different ports
older version of redsn0w
different cable
removing all options but "install cydia" in redsn0w

I'm sure that I'm putting it into dfu and recovery mode correctly because I can tell from the device manager. From what I've read it sounds like the only problem would be the ipsw, but I'm sure I have the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

darkpaladin79

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've seen posts different places that jailbreaking a 2nd gen iPod touch is as easy as running redsn0w. They say it on their beta page that it's possible:

This BETA release supports:
iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G only (for now)
Mac OSX x86 and Windows only (for now)
the 4.0 official FW only (for now)

Is it that easy to just downgrade to 3.1.3? I don't have blobs saved from anything earlier than 4.0. I figure I need to follow the guide on rslite from the redsn0w beta page (can't post links yet or I would)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73