Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Default Pelase help!!!

Hi, first of all I would like to remind everyone that my iPHONE is not stolen or found somewhere. Anyway, Last night my 2-year old daughter was playing eith my Wife's Jailbroken iPhone 3G. When my wife took her phone, it was asking her to type a 4-digit password which she didn't have at all. None of us have an idea on what the password is and obviously my 2-year old daughter won't be able to tell us the password.

I have searched the Internet to find out how I can reset the phone to factory and didn't have any luck with any of the solutions I found. I have also tried hooking it up to my PC and I have an option to restore it but first thing it's trying to ask me to do is update the OS as well which I think would brick the phone because it's jailbroken.

Please, please, please help me with this issue and hopefully someone can help me reset this phone. I PROMISE and SWEAR TO GOD!!! THIS IPHONE IS NOT STOLEN OR FOUND SOMEWHERE!!! I GOT THIS FROM MY PREVIOUS WORK BEFORE THE COMPANY SWITCHED FROM AT&T to VERIZON.

Thank you in advanced.
    iPhone Newbie

15 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

if your shsh blobs are stored on cydia server you are ok. and modify your host file

you will need to put your phone in DFU mode then download whatever firmware you want example 3.1.2 and hold shift and press restore and find the downloaded firmware you want.
    iPhone Intermediate

234 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Restore via iTunes will not brick the phone per-say. It actually just locks it out, where it needs to be activated again. So if you're still on AT&T, no biggie, you can just activate it again via iTunes. Although it will not be jailbroken, but iOS4 is jailbreakable, or follow the advice of bagged98.