Help ipod wont turn on

gregzbest

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Jailbroke my ipod with spirit a few months ago going fine went to turn it on and now it wont work, it was stuck on the apple logo so i turned it off and tried to put it in dfu mode, Itunes reconised it in dfu mode but the screen is black, so i try to restore it and it says the device isnt eligable, now i cant even turn it on.

Please help. Im panicking.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
don't panick just relax. When you say you tried to restore it do you mean just hit restore or you tried to click+restore to get back to 3.1.3? if you're trying to go back to 3.1.3 and your SHSH blobs aren't saved you wont be able to because Apple is no longer signing the old firmware. I would say just go to iOS 4 there is a JB coming soon and you don't have a phone so unlock is not a problem you have to worry about.

gregzbest

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
don't panick just relax. When you say you tried to restore it do you mean just hit restore or you tried to click+restore to get back to 3.1.3? if you're trying to go back to 3.1.3 and your SHSH blobs aren't saved you wont be able to because Apple is no longer signing the old firmware. I would say just go to iOS 4 there is a JB coming soon and you don't have a phone so unlock is not a problem you have to worry about.

Ok its just a black screen, i tried the shift and restore to 3.1.3 but its still saying the device isn't elegable, i cant even turn it on, the pc reconises it in dfu mode but their is nothing on my ipod screen. Am I screwed :(.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Ok its just a black screen, i tried the shift and restore to 3.1.3 but its still saying the device isn't elegable, i cant even turn it on, the pc reconises it in dfu mode but their is nothing on my ipod screen. Am I screwed :(.

do NOT press the shift+restore... just simply update/restore to iOS4

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
is your iPod 1st Gen by any chance, if so, 1st-generation iPod touch and iPhone 2G will not be able to upgrade to iOS4 and if u try to "FORCE" upgrade (shift+restore) the iPod 1st Gen and/or iPhone 2G then u have a more then usual chance of bricking your device. How? Because u will need to put your device into DFU Mode then "Force Upgrade" and your device will either be stuck in the itunes screen or wont wake up at all. Why? Because u wont be able to downgrade once you are stuck. Best bet would be to take it to Apple and see what they can do...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR