3GS Old BootRom on ios4, SHSH's stored via Cydia, i can use redsnow than snowbreeze ?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. I have my 3.1.2 SHSH's stored via Cydia. I'm on a 3GS with the old bootrom and was previously jailbroken on blackra1n. I had so many issues I restored to 4.0 but now I can downgrade my Iphone to 3.1.2 using REDSN0W 0.9.4 and then upgrade it back to 4.0 using SN0WBREEZE 1.6.2. correct ?

I'm just want a yah or nah since I have the 2 programs downloaded and ready to go at it now

Thanks
Josh

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, from what you described, if you downgrade to 3.1.2/3.1.3, and you have your SHSH blobs saved, the you should be able to upgrade your old boot 3G to iOS4 via sn0wbreeze.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Need help. I had to download a earlier version of ITunes because 9.2 always says restore and update. I downloaded 9.1.1 and had to move my Itunes library because it said it couldn't be read because it was created from a new version. No biggy. I download 3.2.1 firmware and changed the name of the host file to trick iTunes into thinking that it is watching Apple servers to the address to Saurik?s server.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and locate ?hosts? file.

Done that cool. But now its time to restore from my phone to 3.1.2 into from these 2 guides

Guide: How To Downgrade iOS 4 iPhone 3GS, 3G and iPod touch to iPhone 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 | iPhone Firmware

Downgrade iPhone 3G & 3GS From iOS 4 To 3.1.2

Which our basically the same guide but Itunes even being an older version still says restore and update and won't give me an option to choose from my 3.2.1 file I have saved. So I'm at a loss right now. I'm sitting here in DFU mode now wanting to cry.

Josh

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
OK just realized my problem was an error in the direction when it says to press Left ALT and restore. You need to actually press shift and restore for the option to choose a download location for the firmware.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok I finished the whole process. And jailbroke with Blackra1n RC3 but i have no carrier settings or network. I've rebooted my phone a few times and reset network settings. So I'm stuck with a Iphone that acts like a Ipod Touch right now.

Any help is appreciated.

Josh

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Blackra1n on a 3GS is fine. Did you try resetting network settings?

except on 3.1.3 on the the newer ones it renders them tethered which IMO is worthless. I has a 3gs with 4.0 but I had the shsh's saved, so I was able to downgrade to 3.1.3, then I used Spirit, then I unlocked....working flawlessly now.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I finished the whole process. And jailbroke with Blackra1n RC3 but i have no carrier settings or network. I've rebooted my phone a few times and reset network settings. So I'm stuck with a Iphone that acts like a Ipod Touch right now.

Any help is appreciated.

Josh

All you have to do is connect to the wifi

Open cydia

Search ultrasnow

Install

Reboot phone

Profit!!

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
All you have to do is connect to the wifi

Open cydia

Search ultrasnow

Install

Reboot phone

Profit!!

*fixed

Open cydia

CLICK MANAGE, SOURCES, EDIT, ADD, REPO666.ULTRASN0W.COM (THATS SNzeroW)

Search ultrasnow (THATS SNzeroW)

Install

Reboot phone

Profit!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal