iPhone 3G iOS4 Jailbreak, wifi with login screens don't work

uXuf

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I am fairly new to the jailbreak business (though I love it already), I jailbroke my 3G with redsn0w 0.9 and everything works perfectly. Except the Wifi.

It doesn't work for those hotspots that popup a login screen, I basically do not get the popup login screen at all, I try connecting to a network, it connects but drops the connection a few moments later (I'm assuming it disconnects because I couldn't log in?). Other than this my phone can connect to all wifi networks fine. Oh and I have tried this at various places, hotels etc where I am sure there are popup login screens.

It worked before I jailbroke my phone.

Any advice on this?

EDIT: I have tried forgetting the network, restart, reset network settings, restart. Doesn't work.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I am fairly new to the jailbreak business (though I love it already), I jailbroke my 3G with redsn0w 0.9 and everything works perfectly. Except the Wifi.

It doesn't work for those hotspots that popup a login screen, I basically do not get the popup login screen at all, I try connecting to a network, it connects but drops the connection a few moments later (I'm assuming it disconnects because I couldn't log in?). Other than this my phone can connect to all wifi networks fine. Oh and I have tried this at various places, hotels etc where I am sure there are popup login screens.

It worked before I jailbroke my phone.

Any advice on this?

EDIT: I have tried forgetting the network, restart, reset network settings, restart. Doesn't work.

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. I am sometimes able to connect if I go into the wireless settings and uncheck 'auto-login'.

uXuf

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My bad. My auto-login was set to On. Set it to Off and now I can login to the network through Safari, so it's a bittersweet victory. No pop-ups yet though. Guess I'll just learn to live with it!

uXuf

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Sigh. Using Internet on the phone was a breeze, almost heaven. Now the flow is always broken when it comes out of the sleep state and I have to relogin by opening Safari and going to a random website, just for Mail to download my messages.

jeffburg

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my jailbroken and unlocked 3GS except I can't switch auto-login to off. Because I have never used these public networks I'm trying to log in to there is no Auto-Login off switch. There is only the normal Forget this network switch. Am I looking in the wrong spot? Is there a specific jailbreak software I can remove in cydia to make this problem go away?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner