Can i update to 4.0 and downgrade back to 3.1.3/2 JB?

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
i want to see if i would like using 4.0, but right now i am jailbroken using blackra1n. is there any way to downgrade back down to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 after i upgrade?

thanks for the helpful answers in advance.

Chris

hare619

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I dont think so man. I'm stucked with 4.0 and I've tried everything to downgrade back to 3.1.3 and there was no way I could do it.

bobdole3141

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
you have to back up you SHSH before you upgrade, that way you can go back to your current fw.

For the record, i am using a 3gs on ios4, with 3.1.3 shsh backed up, every time i try to downgrade to 3.1.3, i can't get out of the "connect to itunes" recovery mode.

I've tried most programs that attempt to "kick it out of recovery mode", but nothing has worked.

Earthwindfire

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you check upgrading /downgrading or similar search on an apple iphone site
you will find it is not allowed, at least when using itunes. Been there/done that

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
For the record, i am using a 3gs on ios4, with 3.1.3 shsh backed up, every time i try to downgrade to 3.1.3, i can't get out of the "connect to itunes" recovery mode.

I've tried most programs that attempt to "kick it out of recovery mode", but nothing has worked.

Irecovery, but you have to install the libusb driver for it to work (the libusbblahblah.exe) otherwise it'll always say no device when you do irecovery-s

blackout128

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I was able to downgrade today from iOS 4 on my 3GS (old bootrom & SHSH saved on Cydia) to 3.1.2. I tried like hell to get to 3.1.3 couldn't do it. I downloaded RecBoot and used it to get out of recovery mode( iRecovery is in it, like ringer posted) Jailbroke using blackra1n and gonna give it another try. If I can do it, anyone can.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
With ALL the issues everyone is having with iOS4, I still don't get why everyone is so hell bent on upgrading. Those are the same ones that will be back trying like hell to get back on 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 and end up being stuck. Why not wait till they fix iOS4 and jailbreak it before upgrading? That way u don't have to mess around with cooked or custom firmwares and avoid all the issues to begin with. Just my $0.02

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods