can i jailbreak iOS4 on windows?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i have a 3gs with the old bootrom and i want to jailbreak it but i have a pc. is there any way to jailbreak it without using a mac?

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i have already seen this. this jailbreak doesn't work with windows, its only for mac because pwnage tool only works with mac.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Here's the info I found. I've not tried this so of course proceed at your own risk. I plan to give this a try over the weekend.

Sn0wbreeze JB v1.6 for iOS4 [Windows] - Hacking - iPhone

If you try this, please post your results.

Keith

Yeah I already tried this yesterday and when I tried to restore to the custom firmware, I got an Itunes error 1600 one time and when tried it again I got itunes error 1604

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
i have a 3gs with the old bootrom and i want to jailbreak it but i have a pc. is there any way to jailbreak it without using a mac?

Seems no one has asked yet, but were you jailbroke before or is this first time jailbreak on the device.

If first time, no ya cant yet

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Seems no one has asked yet, but were you jailbroke before or is this first time jailbreak on the device.

If first time, no ya cant yet

no, i have jailbroken my 3GS many times with different softwares including blackra1n, redsn0w, and most recently with spirit.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
no, i have jailbroken my 3GS many times with different softwares including blackra1n, redsn0w, and most recently with spirit.

You really really should follow the steps in this thread here:

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/192834-how-jb-unlock-3gs-new-old-boot-ios4.html

Pay attention to my posts in it (after the one where i said it didnt work) because i found the peculiarities, but it does in fact work.

Mine is a 3gs old bootrom, had ben jb'd with blackrain on 3.1.2 and tried to go up to 4.0 but missed a step (when 4.0 first came out) so i was stuck, not jailbroke. Could restore to 3.1.3 but not 3.1.2, and i followed the instructions there and wala :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2