Iphone stuck in recovery

ceemo

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Perhaps a little stupid but i have just upgraded my phone (or tried at least) to OS4 from an old version jailbreak version (not too worries about having a jailbroken phone at present). Any way it did the back up etc but failed.

Heres the situation i have

when i turn the phone on it briefly shows the aple logo and then just displays the usb picture. when i plug it in it pops up itunes is n recovery mode you must restore. when i click restore it comes up preparing iphone for restore, this occurs for some time and then i ge a ms box saying the iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occured (2003)

I would be greatful of some much needed advice on how to get my phone up and running again

rdonegan

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Exact same issue I'm having. My laptop asks me if I'd like to install "Apple Mobile Device Recovery Mode", but then says it can't install it because the wizard can't find the necessary software.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the loop also, just joining into this thread in hopes of finding the solution. I am sure somebody here will help, if I figure out how to get out of this loop, I will post here & you guy's do the same, K! PEACE, =)

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site

I will do this tonight & report back with success or failure asap! Until then my iPhone has displayed the "RED DEAD BATTERY" screen a few times in the past 2 or 3 days I've been in this loop, is it charging in the recovery mode loop? OR should i Charge it in "DFU" mode? Also should I charge it in wall charger or PC's usb port? Lastly, I have DFU'd and reset a bunch of times attempting to get out of the loop. If iRecovery work's to get me out will it be still JB'd with Spirit like before or will I be restoring & re-JB'ing it?

Last edited:

ceemo

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Just to add to this I have tried putting my phonein recovery mode to re jailbreak however when i try to put it in DFU mode ad keep holding the power and home nutton it comes on and displays the apple logo and then switches off after around 8 seconds. This shouldnt happen?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice