using Jailbroken 3gs. to update to 4.0 or not?

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
hey all, i dont post much here, but i try and do enough lurking and reading to stay involved.

my big question is if i have my 3gs already jailbroken and am happy with it, is there any reason to upgrade to 4.0 and lose my JB for the near future at least?

i dont do too much nerdy stuff with my JB other than a few tweaks to my "theme" and a few custom ringtones.

what i am wondering is, is there anything in 4.0 that i cant already do with my jailbreak? it doesnt seem like it to me, but again, i dont completely nerd out on my JB.

comments or other people have the same concerns?

thanks, Chris.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If ur happy, why change!? Try reading the bunch of thread here with everyone who upgraded and is now regreting it or having issues. If ur happy, stay put. Can't do anything on 4.0 that u can do now being JB.

Reactions: peanutgallery

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i know this deep inside, i just really want the new iphone4 but dont have the money to upgrade (not eligible anyways till next year) so i was also thinking that it would be the closest to getting a new phone without actually spending $500...

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
What firmware are you on now? 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, and how did you jailbreak your device?

Since I'm selling my 3GS I up'd it to 4.0 but kept the baseband at the 3.1.2 version and unlocked it with ultrasn0w.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
If ur happy, why change!? Try reading the bunch of thread here with everyone who upgraded and is now regreting it or having issues. If ur happy, stay put. Can't do anything on 4.0 that u can do now being JB.

+1 rdiddy.

OP:

I'm not upgrading to iOS 4 with my jailbroken 3gs on 3.1.3. iOS 4 didn't offer anything that tempted me to upgrade and lose my jailbreak. If I upgrade I can't use redsn0w or pwnage tool because my first jailbreak was with spirit on 3.1.3

Now that I have made a notification system that I love using a few different programs I am honestly disturbed by what Apple tries to pass off as a notification system. I don't do much else with my jailbreak but getting texts and emails seamlessly makes my iPhone so much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2