jailbreak/unlock 3.1.3

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I hope someone can help with a few questions. I have an iphone 3gs 3.1.3 05.12.01. This phone has never been jailbroken or unlocked. I want to unlock it so I can use thru t-mobile. My first question is do i need to upgrade to 4.0 or can I stay on 3.1.3? Is there somewhere I can find all the steps needed to complete jailbreak/unlock? Thanks for any and all help given.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Search. Search. Search, there's about 20 threads that answer ur question. Leave it on 3.1.3, jb with Spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w which is in cydia. Takes less than 5 minutes and ur jb and unlocked. Insert tmo sim card and done

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah like he said make sure you know all the steps before you start. Then Backup & sync before you start. The JB is pretty easy & the unlock is even more simple. However you wont be able to use Spirit if you've upgraded iTunes to 9.2 so in that case you can use pwnage tool(Mac) or Redsnow(Windows)

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your advice....I thought I remember reading that you have to turn off 3g before jailbreak.....is this correct? Thanks again.....just want to be prepared before starting.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I remember reading that you need to turn off 3g after you've unlocked it and insert your T-mobile sim. I imagine because the 3g radio in the iPhone doesn't work on the 3g frequencies of T-mobile's towers.

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again everyone...I have started to jailbreak with sprit....there is a box that states jailbreak succeded with a quit box....so i clicked quit....then it began jailbreak again....the iphone appears to be still loading something....not sure how long it takes....can anyone help.....?

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for replying rdiddy.....i waited over an hour...still nothing...disconected....now stuck on apple logo....tried to restore thru itunes 9.1.....an error came up stating device could not be restored...what seemed so simple is becoming quite frustrating......not sure what do do...open for suggestions...

smiiith

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
now u have statement from itunes on computer stating The iphone could not be restored This device isnt eligible for the requested build.??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods