Leaked iPhone 4 and iOS4 Secrets

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
If you value your privacy and your freedom, you should stay away from the latest iOS 4 update and iPhone 4. Nakodari, from AddictiveTips purportedly had a conversation with an Apple employee ?Alpha? who revealed some disturbing secrets about the new iPhone 4G and iOS4 to him. To explain it in simple terms, he found out the following:

1. iOS4 has code which sends updates to the user every 1-2 weeks and locks their system if they are not using AT&T as their carrier. AT&T and Apple both have 6 months of OTA?s in their server, according to the ?Alpha? Apple employee.

2. Apple can check users? baseband and carrier information and also see whether or not they are jailbroken when they call Apple Care Support. Apple staff has been instructed to void users? warranty once they find out if they jailbreak iOS4. The full message that the Apple employee gave about the OTA is below:
?How it works is every 7 to 14 days We (Apple) and AT&T send a message to your iPhone that gathers some data from your iPhone without you knowing and we see what is running, baseband and firmware. We then send a following message. ?There are optional updates for your iPhone, Would you like to install them now?? two options ?Yes? or ?Later?. Those are what would would call ?OPTIONAL UPDATES? Now there are things called ?MANDATORY UPDATES?. They tend to work the same way, grab data from the iPhones sends it to AT&T and us then back to your iPhone with the message, ?Your iPhone (name of iphone) must be updated to the current AT&T standards to run?, your only option is to ?Accept? Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again ?You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update? If you don?t do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4. With that being Said go ahead Try to unlock the iPhone it will only last 14 days max??

3. On iPhone 4, when you use FaceTime Apple can check what two phones are communicating with each other and also see what location these phones are communicating from too. Here is what the Apple Employee said about FaceTime:

I will let you off with one last bit of information if your gonna write a story on this and that is Facetime, the iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 Wifi video connecting. The issue is with Wifi is that anyone can get on a Wifi Signal and potentially see what the viewers and broadcasters are looking at without them know, now Apple will deny this and say its not our problem you where not on a secure connection, in my mind I think that its all bull****.

People should be able to have some type of security during those calls. Worst yet is once a person connects to another person on FaceTime it for some reason non of us in the office can figure out, sends us APPLE a message and says those two people are connecting via Facetime and gives out their location to us. So for whatever reason we need that information just blows my mind. As a consumer why would you need to let Apple know that you are connecting with a person via FaceTime, its non of Apple?s business.

Do you trust the ?Alpha? Apple employee? If this is true, will this effect whether or not you update to iOS 4 or get the new iPhone 4? Let us know what you think about this in the comments.
Leaked iPhone 4 and iOS4 Secrets

fogkeebler

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
My 2 cents,

I think this is BS and someone or some entity trying to persuade iPhone users to not upgrade and more importantly to not buy the new iPhone 4.

I can not see Apple or AT&T doing this because Apple has already got there buts in the middle of a government investigation and cant risk the real public backlash that would come from allegations such as these that Mr. Alpha is making, especially seeing the huge backlash Google is seeing over their "accidental" wifi snooping.

Now I for one have not read the TOS for iTunes 9.2 or iOs4. but Mr. Alpha states in his release that "You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4". Has anyone bothered to look at the TOS and collaborate the two?

Not to mention the serious issues AT&T would face for turning off someones service until they do an update or require them to connect to iTunes before the phone would be functional again. All the public safety agencies that use iPhone would have a fit. It could also force enterprise users to reject the use of iPhone on there networks since they would have no control over how the software communicates on their network and possibly put their network at risk with the flaw in the wifi security that Mr. Alpha talks about in his release.

I for one have a new iPhone 4 on the way for the July 2nd ship date and plan to possibly update my other (2) 3g's to iOs4 once i play with it on the iPhone 4.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Message from the Omega

Even if I didn't see the tweets about this I don't know why I would let some faceless person tell me what to buy or use:confused: Even if the story was true there has never been a way to tell if the OS is JBen don't think they would have developed it now and in such secrecy that only this person knows. The facetime thing heard of Facebook? Google? people are already giving out thei locations freely on twitter ahhh whatever.

ALexSoFLy

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is BOGUS! There are so many rumors going on, it is very hard to believe anything nowadays. I will believe it when I see or read it from a Legitimate article/source.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Not true. They can't lock down the phones because you refuse to update over the air. It is not their device. Its ours. They can't touch it. This is the whole reason why jailbreaking is still legal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW