Ultrasn0w 0.93 Released, You can UNLOCK your 3.1.3 iphone already!!

waikeattan

May 19, 2010
Visit site
iPhone Dev Team announced on their twitter as of yesterday (June 21st) soon after the iOS4 release.....

Ultrasn0w 0.93 will available on Cydia at
repo666.ultrasn0w.com

It will unlock the following basebands :D

mart211

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But how to i get jailbroken do get ultrasn0w from Cydia at first place? I know thats a stupid question but i seriosly dont know.
Does ultrasn0w work on both old and new bootroms?

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
But how to i get jailbroken do get ultrasn0w from Cydia at first place? I know thats a stupid question but i seriosly dont know.

It's not. I was in the same boat as you. Go to Cydia, do a search for ultrasn0w, install it and you should be good to go once it reboots your phone. Good luck.

mart211

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
But there isnt ultrasn0w under search in cydia:confused: I type "u" in the search tab at the end of the options list and only one program comes up. No ultrasn0w. I used spirit to jailbrake it, dont care about updating to ios4.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
For those that got the Unlock to work, what did you use to JailBreak 3.1.3?

I was able to do everything with 3.1.2 but I've heard so many "ways" with 3.1.3 that I do not want to make a mistake as I have a buyer.

Thanks.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
For those that got the Unlock to work, what did you use to JailBreak 3.1.3?

I was able to do everything with 3.1.2 but I've heard so many "ways" with 3.1.3 that I do not want to make a mistake as I have a buyer.

Thanks.

Initially used Blackra1n to jailbreak with 3.1.2 and then used Spirit with 3.1.3.

pistavros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
ultrasn0w didn't work for me

Hi, I successfully jailbreaked my 3GS (3.1.3) w/ 5.12.01 baseband and added ultrasn0w but it seems like my phone hasn't been unlocked yet because when i insert a T-Mobile sim card it says no service on top and no bars.
please help! thanks in advance!

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
Hi, I successfully jailbreaked my 3GS (3.1.3) w/ 5.12.01 baseband and added ultrasn0w but it seems like my phone hasn't been unlocked yet because when i insert a T-Mobile sim card it says no service on top and no bars.
please help! thanks in advance!

did you turn off 3g?

when you go into Cydia, click on "manage", then click on "packages", scroll down and double check to make sure ultrasn0w is listed there.

pistavros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, 3G is turned off and ultrasn0w is listed under "packages". I even tried to reinstall it a number of times but still doesn't work. Thanks for your reply

pistavros

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So it seems like my phone did not get unlocked using ultrasn0w because I just tried someone else's sim card and it still says no service---any advice?

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
So it seems like my phone did not get unlocked using ultrasn0w because I just tried someone else's sim card and it still says no service---any advice?

Have you tried just waiting longer than you would think before it registers? Mine said no service at first also but then T-Mobile popped up when I used my Digicel SIM Card.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site

I'm going to have a stab at this question again because there wasn't really an answer. Please correct me if I have misunderstood something:

1) My guess is you Jailbreak with Sprint, repo666, ultrasn0w.

2) I read that Sprint does something permanent to the phone but I can't find what it said, maybe is was don't do it if your with AT&T??

3) iOS4 has been reprogrammed by Apple to lock out Sprint software..

mart211

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank u all for ur help. I jailbroke my phone with spirit and then used wifi to download ultrasnow. I pretty much take 5 minutes. Dont care about spirit blocking the os4. I dont need multitasking and that ****, just need to call and text:D

Thanks everyone

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to have a stab at this question again because there wasn't really an answer. Please correct me if I have misunderstood something:

1) My guess is you Jailbreak with Sprint, repo666, ultrasn0w.

2) I read that Sprint does something permanent to the phone but I can't find what it said, maybe is was don't do it if your with AT&T??

3) iOS4 has been reprogrammed by Apple to lock out Sprint software..

Spirit doesn't do anything permanent to the phone. A simple restore as new will remove any trace of the jailbreak just like any other jailbreak.

Spirit used a security exploit just like every other jailbreak has, just the location of the security flaw was different. This is why on the new devices the jailbreak was untethered, but this is also why on the new devices you couldn't use pwnage or sn0wbreeze to upgrade to a custom firmware for 4.0.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried just waiting longer than you would think before it registers? Mine said no service at first also but then T-Mobile popped up when I used my Digicel SIM Card.

Is there anyway if you can tell if the phone is unlock without putting a different sim card in to test it?