Installous / Updating Firmware/Restoring Problem

JustSomeKid

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Updating Firmware/Restoring Problem

I'm just gonna start off saying thanks to everyone who attempts to help me here, no matter how much effort they put in. Currently, I'm working with an already jailbroken Ipod touch 2g on 2.2.1 firmware. Anyway, here's what happened.

In the iTunes store, I attempted to download the new firmware, which is free to all Ipod Touch users who have been on an earlier version. Of course, I downloaded that and it got stuck on the stage "Preparing Ipod for Restore" and about 5 minutes later, I got the error message 1602 and my Ipod was put into a recovery mode that I could not restore.

After giving up for a good 2 weeks without my ipod, I attempted once again to get it out of this mode and I succeeded by using the blackra1n tool. I can now easily switch back from Recovery/DFU to regular settings (the ones with Cydia and all of my music that isn't restored NOT FACTORY which I am willing to do)

With every combination I try..(Ex. Going into DFU and restoring, Going into recovery and restoring...choosing a custom firmware to restore it with..ETC.) nothing seems to work. Think any of you guys can help me? :D My last hope before I chuck this thing away.

Thanks in advance again.

Last edited:

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Just a warning you might want to not mention installous here, it is a bannable offense, sorry I couldn't be of help, just warning you before this thread gets closed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2