Unlocking the iphone 4g?

ag3nt_cha0s

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if i will be able to unlock the 4g when i get it and use it in guam, i don't really understand unlocking very much, but we're moving to Guam in July and i already have the 4 on preorder... Can anyone help me?

ag3nt_cha0s

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
yes obviously i know this since it's preordered but i was wondering if it will be possible and if it will be much different than unlocking the previous models. like i said i don't know much about unlocking....

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
yes obviously i know this since it's preordered but i was wondering if it will be possible and if it will be much different than unlocking the previous models. like i said i don't know much about unlocking....

It depends on the baseband. Which will be upgraded. Basically it'll be awhile before it is unlocked. jailbreak will be pretty quick. Although there is a chance the unlock could be quick but it usually isnt

tredstone

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
There might be more to it than just the baseband. For example the 3GS introduced the signature signing system with apple's servers. They might have introduced another security mechanism in the i4 to make it even harder to jailbreak/unlock.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
There won't be an answer until the official iOS4 is released and the Dev-Team can see if there is an exploit to jb and unlock the phone. Everyone will have to wait and see till the 24th on that one.

mojonation1487

May 28, 2010
Visit site
There might be more to it than just the baseband. For example the 3GS introduced the signature signing system with apple's servers. They might have introduced another security mechanism in the i4 to make it even harder to jailbreak/unlock.

only to unlock. jailbreaking is easy

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
And don't forget that the i4 uses the same smaller SIM card that the iPad uses, so if your carrier of choice doesn't support that you're out of luck even if it is unlocked.

ScottUrman

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You may be better off (but will have significantly less money in your wallet) by getting an unlocked i4 directly from Apple through their international stores.

entycemeee

May 21, 2010
Visit site
And don't forget that the i4 uses the same smaller SIM card that the iPad uses, so if your carrier of choice doesn't support that you're out of luck even if it is unlocked.

not really because the mirco sim they use is no different then the regular sim card we all use at the moment, all you gotta do it cut up your sim card to make it fit......

and about the 4G unlock, from several website i have read, all of them have gotten tweets from the dev team that they have already found an exploit for both unlock and jailbreak on 4.0.... its just if the dev team will release this to the rest of us to use....

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2