what is "make my life easier' in cydia ?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
That was easy. I love easy updates.

It also got me looking around Cydia, and now I have the old Batman logo replacing the wifi symbol. :cool:

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
It backs up ur shsh blobs on ur 3Gs in case u ever want to downgrade ur firmware, ie going from iOS4 to 3.1.3

Jay Freeman (saurik)[/url]

Except I have never gotten it to actually work.

Followed the directions, tried to install to the previous OS, doesn't work. Anyone got any advice?

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
so can i upgrade to iOS4 then down back to 3.1.3 ??

I wasn't able to, nor could I erase 3.1.3 tethered with a normal 3.1.3 then use Spirit for untethered. Just doesn't seem to work...used many dif computers, versions of itunes, followed many steps and directions on how to do it. Nada.

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing some research to try to answer my own question here, but I can't figure out what blobs are and why they need to be saved. Can someone help me with this? Thanks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Basically they're little security keys that Apple double-checks when you want to install a new firmware. Since Apple will only let you update to the current firmware, you want to save your blobs (aka SHSH, or SHSH blobs) for each firmware while Apple is still signing them. This is what Make My Life Easier does--or you can use the TinyUmbrella program to save them to your computer.

An example: I was on 4.0.1 and wanted to update to 4.1. At that point Apple was only allowing updates to install 4.2.1. BUT since I had my 4.1 SHSH saved, I was able to load 4.1 instead. Without them, my only option would have been to update to 4.2.1, which at that point was only available for a tethered jailbreak--going to 4.1 let me stay untethered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR