Going to update my son's iPhone to 3.1.3., few Q's 1st!

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey, before my son & I jailbroke with blackra1n back in January, 2010 we followed all the suggestion's. I made backup's of our iPhone's before anything & clicked "make my life easier" to have our SHSH's on file. I since have restored, updated & re-jailbroke with spirit, all is perfect with my iPhone. My son's iPhone I am going to do but I am hesitant because he has been syncing his iPhone with iTunes & his original backup is not there. It is a backup of just last week & the backup is from his iPhone with blackra1n jailbreak. 1) Is it OK for me to update his firmware to 3.1.3. then restore to that backup of his iPhone in a jailbroken state? OR 2) Do I need to look in my PC for his original backup from before jailbreaking with blackra1n & use that backup? Thank's in advance, =)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U can do a restore from his last backup. It ALWAYS recommended to do a backup before u restore. Doesn't matter that it's jb, won't have any affect when u sync it after u restore.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
U can do a restore from his last backup. It ALWAYS recommended to do a backup before u restore. Doesn't matter that it's jb, won't have any affect when u sync it after u restore.

Thanks, rdiddy! I guess I was stuck on preserving my "pre-jailbreak," original backup. I had in my mind that I needed to keep that backup & I was not allowed to sync/backup in a jailbroken state! DOH, my bad. I was affraid of bricking mine or my son's iPhone, like those who updated to 3.1.3. before "Spirit!" Peace, =)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice