iPhone 3gs 3.1.2., with blackra1n won't reboot?

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Woke up this morning, forgot to charge my iPhone & the screen was black. After charging for awhile the connect to itunes logo appeared & I did like I alway's do. After plugging into my PC, I cancelled update then closed iTunes. Then when I click blackra1n & make it rain, the blackra1n logo appears but I do not get the familiar double vibrate/reboot. It just goes black again & will not reboot. Does anyone know how to fix this? I thought about restoring to my backup from before jailbreak but iTunes does not recognize my iPhone, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, =)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
It's b/c u are on a tethered jb. If u don't need to be unlocked, just do a restore in iTunes to 3.1.3 and jb with Spirit. Then u won't be tethered anymore

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean upgrade to 3.1.3.? or restore to my backup of 3.1.2. from before I jailbroke? Then run spirit? I have shsh's on file with Cydia because I checked make my life easier in the beginning but when I connect my iPhone to my PC, when iTunes opens it say's "iTunes MUST check the iPhone software update server to identify this device" check or cancel? What do I do?

kropfi

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I think you hit check, don't quote me on that though but if your having problems re-jailbreak it (using spirit) Use spirit because Blackra1n doesn't have untethering for iPhone Or iPod touch 3Gs and if your running the 3.1.3 firmware use spirit to its untethered so you can turn your iPod on/off

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Everything is perfect now, thanks for all that helped. I restored, updated to 3.1.3. then re-jailbroke with spirit! I can finally reboot my iPhone anytime, friggen awesome. HA-HA, =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2