New to iphone 3gs

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
hello guys and gals, im about to buy an iphone 3gs for a really good deal. Now i have been reading around and noticed that i cant unlock the iphone 3gs as of yet. Now i was curious #1 how do i check the bootrom number #2 if it is a smart idea to do at the moment since im on tmobile #3 will it take long for a unlock to come out. Thanks guys and gals in advance

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If the 3GS is on firmware version 3.1.2, you can unlock it. If it's on 3.1.3, you cannot.

Nobody knows how long it will take for an unlock on 4.0 to come out, if ever.

You can check the firmware version by going to Settings->General->About.

Bootrom is more difficult to check.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If it's on 3.1.3, there is no guarantee it will ever be able to be used on another network. It's likely, but nobody knows when.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I took the plunge hoping that the great devs will come through. but I'm have weired problem the phone looks like it's had it's bad days ( couple of dings here and there. But I did notice that I have a small backlight bleed on the top of the screen now my friend bought it last year in September so he's under warranty can he exchage it even of it has ben dropped, that's why there scratches but only on the back the glass is in great shape even without a screen protector.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2