Fix my tethering for $15 - installed 3.1.3 by mistake - can't fix

cosmokid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I will paypal $15 to anyone who can help me fix my tethering. The only way I can go on the web at work is via my netbook + iPhone tethering. Me paying you will be on the honor system but I think you can trust me. I was an alter boy. :)

iPhone 3G, 16gb, AT&T

A few months back I only wanted to tether. So I followed the blackra1n instructions and viola - tethering. I assume I just jailbroke it. Maybe I unlocked it. Honestly dont remember. It took 10 minutes, allowed me to tether and I was done with it.

a few weeks ago my phone needed a restore. not thinking, i plugged it in and ended up screwing myself. 3.1.3 was installed.

since then i have spent hours trying to fix this. i dont really understand this stuff, i just find instructions and try doing it.

i did some type of attempt at fixing using a different program. i think it was snowbreeze. i installed it on my PC, the software created a custom ipsw file, i ran it, pointed to the file but iTunes would not allow me to install it for some reason.

So I am at square 1.

I just need to be able to tether.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You can jailbreak with spirit and install "MyWi".

Beyond that, you might have to downgrade your iTunes to a prior version ( prior to 9.1 maybe? ) and try using that version to install 3.1.2 on your 3G

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, since u don't need to unlock ur phone, use Spirit to JB ur phone and dl MyWi from cydia, it's $10 and u can tether via wifi or usb. Very quik and simple fix. Good luck

cosmokid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So uninstall iTunes from my machine, install an older version of iTunes (which i assume i still have in a download folder on my PC), and then retry jailbreaking with Spirit?

I assume I point to 3.1.2 when restoring my iPhone?

And jailbreaking with allow me to tether on ATT?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you stay on 3.1.3 and want to jailbreak with Spirit, you don't need to worry about downgrading your iTunes. Just go to Spirit and then install MyWi ( it does have a cost associated with it ).

If you want to downgrade to 3.1.2 you'll need to downgrade your iTunes ( but this gets more complicated than using Spirit ).

cosmokid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i dont need to downgrade if i dont have to. if spirit works, and i can tether with MyWi, I will be fine.

$10 is cheaper than spending $10/day on lunch every day at Panera so I can use their Wifi during my break.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice