Need some help with my Volume- too low

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,
Sprint Jailbroken 3.13 3GS phone and just tonight I noticed that my volume has decreased. Now my alarm, notifications, etc. are all really quiet. Has anyone had this issue and how did you resolve it. I've gone into my settings and have the volume all the way up but still it's quiet. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

rwn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i will assume you mean spirit jailbreak not sprint

As for what has caused your Iphone to decrease in volume i am not sure it could be anything really.

but you can try opening cydia, and searching for volume boost, that might help some

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Ok I'll look into that...it's just strange even with my volume pushed all the way up it's still sounds muffled/low. Yet, when I put in my ear plugs and start wolfgangs vault (app) it gets loud. It's just when the ear plugs aren't plugged in I get low/muffled volume. Is it possible I've somehow damaged the speakers?

And yes the Sprint Jailbreak.

Thanks for the input.

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded the volume boost 3.1.2 via Cydia and it's check marked in Winterboard but how do I use it or does it "boost" my volume automatically. If it's the latter then it didn't work cause my volume is still too low even with my volume at the max.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
May have blown ur speaker is what it sounds like. If it's still under warranty, I'd recommend u back up all ur files/apps, restore and get it replaced

rwn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
May have blown ur speaker is what it sounds like. If it's still under warranty, I'd recommend u back up all ur files/apps, restore and get it replaced

i was thinking the same thing. but before he sends it in he should give it a restore to see if that fixes it

r5murphy

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. What I found yesterday was that somehow I got some "gunk" that covered the speakers. No clue how that happened but was able to clean but I'm thinking some of that stuff may have gotten into the phone. I'm hoping over time it'll get better.

Rob

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW