Will there be a need to Jailbreak after the Iphone 4G comes out?

Will you Jailbreak your iPhone 4G

• Yes

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Not Getting One

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'm not sure about PDANet because I think you have to create an ad-hoc network. But MyWi is real simple, no ad-hoc network required. MyWi also supports both wireless and wired tethering. I've used MyWi to tether my iPhone to my laptop both via WiFi and USB. I can't imagine the iPad would need to be jailbroken in order to connect to the jailbroken iPhone's MyWi wireless tether.
PDANet uses iPhone to create a wireless access point. It is 3G to Internet on one side and WiFi on the other. Running on the iPhone, it looks to your PC or iPad like any other WiFi Hotspot. Said another way, it is a router that creates a wireless LAN. It turns your iPhone into a MiFi. Zero setup.

It runs on a JB iPhone but there is no reason that it would not run on a JB iPad. Then the iPad would look to one's PC or iPhone like a Hotspot.

You are correct that the iPad does not have to be JB to use PDANet running on an iPhone. However, it has to be JB to run PDANet. I want to be able to tether in either direction so that I can minimize the cost of minutes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
that's it

I've been resisting the temptation but no longer I will be JBing my iPad this weekend. I want to teeher it to my phone or laptop just because I can lol

james048a

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been resisting the temptation but no longer I will be JBing my iPad this weekend. I want to teeher it to my phone or laptop just because I can lol

Why JB your Ipad to tether to your phone? I use MyWy on my JB iphone as a wifi hot spot and my un-JB ipad connects just fine.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The Federal Trade Commission is reportedly beginning a formal investigation into Apple's decision to block out certain software from its iOS (previously known as iPhone OS) and whether it qualifies as an antitrust violation.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
dont knock it until u use it cause no one really knows how this iOS4 is going to work...until u played around with it, rite now its all in words, just wait until it comes out ;)

mikenyc2

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
DEFINATELY Jailbreak. Especially if they unlock the iPhone 4. Also with tethering (I have unlimited, so at&t tethering will not be an option for me), Winterboard, SBSettings, etc. There is still a need for jailbreaking.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Still NEED SBSettings, LockInfo, Quickreply, MyWi, and 3G Unrestrictor...

Could Probably live without GV mobile since they have that web interface thingy.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Heck yes... I have to.

biteSMS
3G unrestrictor - FaceTime over 3G :)
LockInfo - love it.

I never did it for themes or backgrounder
(as these sucked and killed battery).

Saxyjeff2001

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Slave looking to jailbreak

Hey Guys/Gals...I'm sorry if I ask some very beginner questions but I'm currently an ATT Slave. I live on a boat and dont have ability to have a coax cable to run regular landline internet. I've been using 2 data cards (each with a 5 Gig limit) because I use more than 5 Gigs a month (of course the first card I bought the sales guy told me that with 5 gigs I could watch intenet TV 24/7 for a month without a problem....then I watched 8 episodes of Lost in HD and got my freaking bill....).

Just heard that I can tether the Iphone 4G but they require that I downgrade my current unlimited 3G phone plan (and then I can never get my unlimited status back with ATT) and then I can only watch 2 gig for $25 for tethering. I was disappointed, to say the least, as I was hoping to tether my new 4G and enjoy unlimited internet to my lap top and dump the two ($120 per month total) data cards.

I read this thread and I'm not sure if JB the 4G will allow me to enjoy unlimited
data or not...SOrry this is so long and if there is another thread that is more suitable you can direct me to, or can provide additional info that would be great. Can I achieve my goal of JB and getting rid of the two data cards?

Thanks!

Jeff

lsignor

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
I'll JB if theres no issues..

Make it Mine, Reminder, Boss Prefs

3 things I really like, and will def need... I'm sure i'll find others i'll need as well :p

edit : 3g unrestrictor .. 3g facetime sounds truu :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro