Broken Iphone

pappi69

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I think i have a big problem.. i have iphone 3gs that is jailbroke. I am able to text,email, use to a point. My home button does not work. I came home from work to try and reset the phone and phone will not show up on itunes and it will not charge. I can't bring back to exchange cause it is jailbroke. What can i do to try and reset phone? Home button does not work.

pappi69

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
That is the problem.. I hook to computer plug into wall and does not want to charge or show up in itunes for me to restore it..

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is the risk you take when jailbreaking ;) What about putting your theme back to normal and uninstalling winterboard and try and not show signs of jailbreaking. I once went to Apple and forgot to unjailbreak before a exchange and they never noticed. They exchanged.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Can't put it into DFU Mode when the home button is broken lol.

holy crap! duhh... your rite lol... dammit, this is like a puzzle,... there has to be a way :confused:
ooooo... i got it! Bribe one of the Apple Store Techs lol J/K!!
But really, there must be another way...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is the risk you take when jailbreaking ;) What about putting your theme back to normal and uninstalling winterboard and try and not show signs of jailbreaking. I once went to Apple and forgot to unjailbreak before a exchange and they never noticed. They exchanged.

This has nothing to do w\ JB if the hardware is broken. OP if you can't charge from iTunes or your cable leave the phone on until it dies & take it to the Apple store for exchange?

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree with letting it go dead. If it won't even take a charge then this really may not be a JB issue. They will try to put it on a charger in the store, but if it is completely unresponsive then they will exchange. It can be their little surprise later.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree with letting it go dead. If it won't even take a charge then this really may not be a JB issue. They will try to put it on a charger in the store, but if it is completely unresponsive then they will exchange. It can be their little surprise later.

Exactly what I was getting at, but before you let it go dead do u have Mobile Me? you might want to do a remote wipe to kill the data. Once they exchange it I doubt they will try to make it work it's like an assembly line they will just replace the home button and wipe & reload. However just to be safe I would wipe it, if you don't have Mobile Me you can get a free 2 month trial.

pappi69

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I want to thank you all the replies. I was able to delete everything manually. Had to keep turning phone off to be able to get back into cydia. I brought phone back and they gave me a new one..