Why is my 3GS a tethered jailbreak (it shouldnt be) !!?? sr#87931XXX

johndoe898

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3gs jailbroken on a pwnage tool version x.x.4, the 3.1.2 FW edition.

This phone is from week 31 of 09 and should not be tethered. sr 87931

I know blackra1n will work. But I am stuck on 3.1.2 with no shsh on file and cannot restore. I will try to JB from the springboard but I don't think it will work.

When I shut the phone down, then turn it on, it just hangs at the apple. I restored my Custom FW twice. Trying a simple mode FW also.

Does anyone have a solution for this. How about a custom FW that you know works on your 3gs that you can upload.

Thank you

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
If you are on AT&T, and your phone doesn't need a carrier unlock, all you have to do is upgrade to 3.1.3, temporarily lose your JB, then jailbreak using spirit. No need for a tethered JB anymore.

I was on 3.1.2 using Blackra1n, then i upgraded, and re-jailbroke with spirit. I can now turn my phone off with no worries.

Last edited:

johndoe898

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am relying on a 5.11.07 BB with blacksnow, sorry for not mentioning that. It was a long night of troubleshooting.

It is a phone I bought off of somebody, and I just learned that my shsh is stored on cydia!!!
I still dont know how to get it off or how to do the restore, but now I know at least I am covered.

I am definitely making another donation when the restore is successful, thanks Jay.

Does anyone run a custom FW (PwnageTool?) on iphone 3GS, 3.1.2/3 with a 5.11.07 baseband and 06.04 bootloader. Unlocked with blacksn0w, but not JB on black ra1n or spirit?

There is a few seconds difference in boot up speeds, and cleaner functionality in the custom ipsw IMO. I am over the custom boot logos, but that used to be cool.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner