Unactivated restored iPhone jailbreak?
Here's my story:
"Yesterday, I sold my 4GB iPhone on eBay. I previously bought this iPhone on eBay and when I got it, it was jailbroken and all I had to do was put my sim card in for it to work (I don't even have a data plan, just used the wifi on it) and I never had to activate it or anything.
I decided to restore to factory settings to make sure I could erase all of my stuff so that the new owner couldn't poke around in my business.
Well, now I see a screen in iTunes that says:
Welcome to your new iPhone
Let's get started.
1. Activate your phone with AT&T.
2. Register and get an iTunes store account.
3. Put your contacts, music, and more on your iPhone.
Is there any way to get rid of this without signing up for the iPhone plan/data plan? I mean, if it was as simple as me answering a few questions to get it going then I would do it easy, but I think if I used my sim card, it would say that I need to purchase the iPhone plan, right?
Are there any safe ways to go around this? I don't want the guy who bought it from me to freak out and say he doesn't want to buy the plan and return it to me because then I am ****ed because I don't have the iPhone plan.
Thanks in advance to anyone who could help. And no, I didn't back up my files when I did the restore to factory settings because I didn't think I'd ever need them."
Now, I have found a lot of stuff online about being able to jailbreak an unactivated phone. The problem is that I have had a hard time finding a clear, step by step process to help me through this.
Any help would be majorly appreciated.
- My phone is a 4gb iPhone that is unactivated.
- I would like to activate it.
- I do not have an AT&T iPhone data plan sim.
- I would like to jailbreak the iPhone to activate it.
- I've had a hard time finding a clear step by step process to allow me to do this.
- Any help is greatly appreciated.