JB becoming obselete?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Well over this past weekend I finally JB my iphone 3g. I got a bunch of apps one in particular "Categories". My question is that when OS 4.0 is released what will happen to my app categories? Since the new OS is going to allow us to group icons together, should I just remove categories? Has this ever happened before? Thanks for any help~Chris

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Well.. If/when you update to OS 4.0, you also erase your jailbreak. So your question isn't really a question...

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Well.. If/when you update to OS 4.0, you also erase your jailbreak. So your question isn't really a question...

Sorry I didn't know that, so updating my iphone to 4.0 automatically unjailbreaks me? Do I lose any other information such as songs/albums/contacts etc? Sorry i'm new to the JB thing....And then after I update to 4.0 I just have to wait for a new FW to be released correct?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
When u upgrade to 4.0 it erases EVERYTHING from ur iPhone and puts it back to like brand new (firmware speaking). U ALWAYS do a backup before upgrading to avoid losing contacts, etc...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When the update comes out, don't race to install it. Wait and see if it's jailbreakable so that if you like your j/b you won't lose it and spend 70 or 80 threads going "I accidentally updated and lost my jailbreak." ;)

Reactions: clg82

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
When the update comes out, don't race to install it. Wait and see if it's jailbreakable so that if you like your j/b you won't lose it and spend 70 or 80 threads going "I accidentally updated and lost my jailbreak." ;)

LOL i won't....how would I j/b again when the new firmware comes out....does it just update itself?

gieaz2

May 23, 2010
www.cellingpost.com
Jailbreak apps will continue to push the limits of what the platform. If jailbreaking becomes obsolete, you will see a huge drop of new features coming out in new versions of the firmware.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
LOL i won't....how would I j/b again when the new firmware comes out....does it just update itself?

No, nothing updates itself. Just keep an eye on the forums when 4 is released. You'll probably see tons of threads advising you to not update if you want to keep your j/b, followed by a bazillion threads wondering when the jailbreak will be released...and eventually another slew of threads happily proclaiming the release of a jailbreak for 4.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be long after the release of 4.0 that it's JB. Remember that GeoHotz and the Dev Team never released their JB for 3.1.3 bc they didn't wan to give away their exploit for 4.0. I give it a few hours, tops.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be long after the release of 4.0 that it's JB. Remember that GeoHotz and the Dev Team never released their JB for 3.1.3 bc they didn't wan to give away their exploit for 4.0. I give it a few hours, tops.

I didn't JB with either of those Dev teams......does every dev team come out with their own JB firmware? and what if I decide to go with a different dev teams software, will I lose the apps I already purchased?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77