Convince me to JB....

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone well i have been searching and reading the forums, and have read nothing about cool and exciting things that the iphone can and can't do. After reading about jailbreaking, it sounds interesting, my only worry is, turning my iphone into a brick. And then i'm stuck with nothing. Convince me why I should JB and just how easy is it to do. By the way I currently have version 3.1.3 on my iphone can I even JB? And also once 4.0 comes out and I do decide to JB how long does it usually take for the newest JB application to come out? And is it still ok to sync with itunes like usual if I do decide to JB.....I know thats alot to answer:eek: but try your best!:D

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Spirit is the absolute easiest jailbreak ever. I've had 3 iPhones for 3 years and have never bricked an iPhone with JB'ing. My iPhone is currently jailbroken on 3.1.3 and i use it and sync it and add and remove apps from it like a stock iPhone. Jailbreak it and give sbsettings a whirl, you'll never go back to stock. :)

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
DarkDragoon, explain to me what miwi is? Thanks for all the responses everyone, another question I had is once 4.0 comes out will I have to do anything different once I jailbreak.....and if I do have to restore the phone if I run into a problem, will I have to redo all of my music pictures etc again?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
MyWi is a Cydia app that turns your iPhone into a mobile hotspot.

We won't really know about jailbreaking 4 until it comes out.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MyWi is a Cydia app that turns your iPhone into a mobile hotspot.

We won't really know about jailbreaking 4 until it comes out.

Thanks for the reply alli, and I did it! I just JB and it is freaking incredible! Why did I wait so long :) anyways once the new os 4 comes out what should my steps be? Should I not sync my iphone anymore? Should I check back here frequently to see if their is a os 4 jb program yet? or will spirit or cydia update me automatically? thanks in advance!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When os 4 comes out, unless you want to lose the jailbreak, don't upgrade. You can sync, but make sure when iTunes offers to update - don't click YES. Just watch the forums to see if the j/b works on 4.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
When os 4 comes out, unless you want to lose the jailbreak, don't upgrade. You can sync, but make sure when iTunes offers to update - don't click YES. Just watch the forums to see if the j/b works on 4.

Are all jailbreaks the same.....so when 4 is good to go will it be good for everyone?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaks are written for almost every firmware update. Sometimes they get an update out instantly, sometimes (like with 3.1.2) it takes months.

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking about jailbreaking too the check out what all the fuss is about. Is there a big difference between this blackra1n and Spirit or is Spirit just the easiest to do?

I'm currently using a 16GB 3Gs on AT&T with current OS and firmware.

Last edited:

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I've been thinking about jailbreaking too the check out what all the fuss is about. Is there a big difference between this blackra1n and Spirit or is Spirit just the easiest to do?

I'm currently using a 16GB 3Gs on AT&T with current OS and firmware.

They are both easy. But, if you're running 3.1.3, you'll need to use Spirit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234