Homescreen weather

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a weather widget or something( like active weather wallpaper). I have used active weather wallpaper but it seems to only work for five minutes then craps out got to N/A. Anybody know of anything else like it. I've searched Cydia and Rock, I just hope I've managed to overlook something.
Thanks in advance!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Lockinfo has a plugin called Lock Weather that allows for homescreen weather. The plugin is free and Lockinfo free "try before you buy" period. You can set this to appear on your homescreen, lockscreen, or both. And if all you want is the weather on your screen, you can remove other the features you see such as the calendar, mail, missed calls and voicemail.

IMG_0214.png

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Lungho, how do u remove the native iPhone time and date from the lockscreen to only use the date an time with the weather plugin? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Lungho, how do u remove the native iPhone time and date from the lockscreen to only use the date an time with the weather plugin? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking.

Yeah, it's called Lockscreen Clock Hide. You can download it for free in Cydia. I also use 60 Second Lock Screen. Also available in Cydia, it makes the lock screen stay on for 60 seconds instead of 5. There is a 30 second version of this too.

Last edited:

storyr

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a weather widget or something( like active weather wallpaper). I have used active weather wallpaper but it seems to only work for five minutes then craps out got to N/A. Anybody know of anything else like it. I've searched Cydia and Rock, I just hope I've managed to overlook something.
Thanks in advance!

I know you don't like cydgets, but there's a very comprehensive weather cydget called wedaPanel - developed by me :)

It has it's own settings, and supports multiple cities...

simplemind3.png

simplemind4.png

storyr

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
What theme is that? My theme doesn't look like that for weda?

I've updated wedaPanel to be a cydget. It now includes two built-in themes - the original, plus this new theme called Simple Mind. It's available in cydia in the Cydgets (Lock) section. Maybe I should post it in this forum...

After paying a little more attention to the OP, I realized they were asking for homescreen weather, which this is not. Sorry about that...

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I know you don't like cydgets, but there's a very comprehensive weather cydget called wedaPanel - developed by me :)

It has it's own settings, and supports multiple cities...

simplemind3.png

simplemind4.png

You're right I'm not a big fan..... but I gave yours a shot last night and all I can say is you've done a damn fine job. It doesn't lag when I go to lock screen. Everything is smooth and works like it should. Bravo man! Job well done!

storyr

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
You're right I'm not a big fan..... but I gave yours a shot last night and all I can say is you've done a damn fine job. It doesn't lag when I go to lock screen. Everything is smooth and works like it should. Bravo man! Job well done!

Hey, thanks!

laurido92

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called Weather elements. It's available on Cydia and it's free. It replaces your lock screen with your city weather and it's animated. It's also customizable to different backgrounds. I like it a lot!!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're the minimalist type I recommend the tweak called WeatherIcon. It replaces the icon of a weather app (be it the stock iOS weather app, or a third party one like WeatherBug) with a live icon that shows the current temperature and condition (i.e. sunny, rain, etc) of your default location. You can set it to refresh from one minute to several hours.

It's found in the default repositories and it's free.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're the minimalist type I recommend the tweak called WeatherIcon. It replaces the icon of a weather app (be it the stock iOS weather app, or a third party one like WeatherBug) with a live icon that shows the current temperature and condition (i.e. sunny, rain, etc) of your default location. You can set it to refresh from one minute to several hours.

It's found in the default repositories and it's free.

+1 for this. The only thing I really miss being on ios5.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner