thinking about jailbreak

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I am finally thinking about jailbreaking my 3gs especially now with all the good things I've heard about Spirit. Though I suppose I am waiting a bit to see what 4.0 has as part of the update, but everythiing they showed looks like features I can JB for now. Plus my big reason is to use Miwi or pdanet (had it on my Q before my iphone and loved it). But who knows what else 4.0 will have in it that I might miss out on. But my question is this. When I download an app form Cydia where does it stay? Does it show up in apps on itunes, or what? Im worried that if something goes wrong and I have to restore that I would lose that app I purchased form Cydia. How does that work? Also, once I JB can I still back up and sync to itunes? Thanks for all the great tips and advice form this site.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
When I download an app form Cydia where does it stay? Does it show up in apps on itunes, or what?

Cydia apps do not show up in iTunes at all.

Im worried that if something goes wrong and I have to restore that I would lose that app I purchased form Cydia. How does that work?

Your Cydia purchases are tied to a login you will create in Cydia when you make your first purchase. All you would have to do is log in and re-download the app for free.

Also, once I JB can I still back up and sync to itunes?

Yes, you can sync, backup, etc. You can do anything you would normally do with a non-jailbroken iPhone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
umm, try it ... you might like it!

wow, now i sound like that guy who used to try to sell me pot after school

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh