new phone (completely clueless) need someone to hold my hand & walk me through

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok... so this is the deal, i am not a very computer literate person, i really just play games check email and do the whole facebook thing, so that being said u realize i am clueless when it comes to this new iphone i just got. So now i will explain y i am having trouble.....

someone gave me an iphone...the phone has already been jailbroken and had a tmobile sim card in it...tons and tons of contacts, photos, apps, and music on it... anyways, i went to tmobile and told them i wanted to get service for it and i got it...now i just for the first time plugged it into my PC and it went to my itunes and it has the original owners name on it and i do not know if i should sync, or know how to do so, or if i can delete the photos, contacts, and so on of the previous owner without effecting the phone as it is...

when i click onto sync...it says "are u sure u wanna do this, if u do then everything on the phone will b replaced with whats on my itunes and i have nothing (apps) on my itunes....so soes that mean i will lose all the apps that are currently on the iphone now?

and is it possible to change the name of the iphone to my name?

i know thats alot of questions but i am so confused...please someone help me:confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
First thing - make sure that if iTunes asks you if you want to upgrade, say no. You'll run the risk of losing your unlock.

Second - the apps do not belong to you. You'll need to by your own. Sync to your own iTunes. That will wipe everything on the iPhone currently. You can start loading your own contacts, photos, apps.

Third, to change the name of the iPhone, when it's connected to iTunes, just right clock on the name of the iPhone over in the side bar of iTunes and change it like any file name.

Good luck!

May 11, 2010
Visit site
thank you so much...now if i sync it will delete the previous owners content and put all of my content on the phone right?

just wanna make sure i understand ur reply.

also...i have downloaded quite a few of the free apps to my itues now...when i sync will those automaticly transfer to the iphone? and are there some apps that just come standard with the iphone? i mean ones that wont just delete when i sync or will every one of them b deleted?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you have set up your itunes to sync what you've downloaded...they will sync automatically. Yes, there are a few things that come standard - contacts, calendar, stocks, weather, etc. They'll still all be there.

May 11, 2010
Visit site
ok i gotta new question................. so i finally went down to tmobile and activated my iphone its been working pretty good i am just getting used to all that iphone has to offer.....until i tried to take a picture and then send it to another persons cell phone like an sms......like i have always done in the past with any other phone i had.....guess what? i couldnt do it..i guess i dont have picture messaging through tmobile (standard) with the unlimited everything data plan for iphone....so is there an application i can download that i can do these things without having to go through emailing the photos or signing up for some networking site just to send a photo from one phone to another?

gieaz2

May 23, 2010
www.cellingpost.com
You need to fix your mms settings for tmobile. If you call their customer support they can help. TMobile does know about and does support iPhones on their network.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh