Jailbreak iPhone 3GS

whitewuf

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Dear all,

Anyway to jailbreak iphone 3GS:

3.1.3(7E18)
firmware: 05.12.01

I have tried pwnage 5.1.3 or something but can't.

Pleaze help.

Regards,
Suryadi

bigbud7

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Dear all,

Anyway to jailbreak iphone 3GS:

3.1.3(7E18)
firmware: 05.12.01

I have tried pwnage 5.1.3 or something but can't.

Pleaze help.

Regards,
Suryadi

i just did it bro with spirit works perfect and no probs after (have the exact same phone as u )so dont worry go ahead just run it on windows 98...then intall cydia...appsync for 3.1.2(had an issue with that but works for 3.1.3 ;-) ) and u r ready mate

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Spirit will jailbreak it, but it will not unlock the phone. There is no current unlock available for the latest baseband ( the one that comes with 3.1.3 )

bossfan61

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm likely going to try JB my 3GS (3.13, 05.12.01) with Spirit, and I'm going to check out the Cydia app store.

Does the JB process alone result in things like customization of e-mail/SMS sound alerts, or do I need to find an app for that? Also, will I lose any pre-JB functionality with the phone or the ability to sync with iTunes?

Thanks!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm likely going to try JB my 3GS (3.13, 05.12.01) with Spirit, and I'm going to check out the Cydia app store.

Does the JB process alone result in things like customization of e-mail/SMS sound alerts, or do I need to find an app for that? Also, will I lose any pre-JB functionality with the phone or the ability to sync with iTunes?

Thanks!

You'll have to download Winterboard, and then you can download sound packs and all kinds of stuff to customize. :)

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site

Thanks!

You don't loose any previous functionality. You could JB and never do anything else and your iPhone would act just like it always has. You will need to find apps in Cydia or Rock to do the customizaton. Cydia and Rock are basically the App Store for JB'd phones.

bossfan61

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, the JB was successful. However, I have yet to find a tutorial on how to customize e-mail alerts. Since I have more than one e-mail account, I'm hopeful I can choose a different tone for each one.

I have not been able to find good info on how to do this. Is there a good tutorial or thread on this, AND is it indeed possible to have different tones for each e-mail account?

Thanks!

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Well, the JB was successful. However, I have yet to find a tutorial on how to customize e-mail alerts. Since I have more than one e-mail account, I'm hopeful I can choose a different tone for each one.

I have not been able to find good info on how to do this. Is there a good tutorial or thread on this, AND is it indeed possible to have different tones for each e-mail account?

Thanks!

Hm, Elert has custom e-mail alerts (its a paid app) - I found it a bit buggy, but it does the job. But I haven't come across any app or tweak personally that allows you to set different alert tones for separate e-mail accounts. That would be cool, if anyone knows of any?