jailbroken MUST do's...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Morning all -

If someone has jailbroken their iPhone, what are some of the MUST do's? Whether it be security, or themes, etc, etc?

Thanks in advance

iNavi

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I would say SBSettings and themes for sure. Depending on what you use your phone for, there are many many useful apps in Rock/Cydia. I just purchased BiteSMS and I love it. It allows you to reply to texts from within
any program and even from the lockscreen.
I also really love Backgrounder/ProSwitcher/Activator programs. It allows multitasking and Activator allows you to customize certain functions.

I would choose Rock to download all your 3rd party apps. If you create a RockID, it will save all your download info which is VERY usefull if you ever have to restore your phone. (this helped me BIG TIME).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
+1 for SBSettings. BiteSMS or QuickReply (I think that's the name) also a must.

Although I purchased Backgrounder, I never use it. The two main things I missed while not j/b (other than wallpaper!) were Overboard, which shows you a thumbnail of each page so you can quickly jump from one page to another, and being able to set an sms alert tone of my choice.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Change your root passwords!!!

Safety first: chjange your root PW's and user account passwords: remember, most of us are on the same ip range. It only takes a quick scan to root someone's device since all the factory default root passwords are the same.

After that, for me its tethering, terminal/ command line, and some network tools like nmap.
It feels SO GOOD to be back.

<dance="happy_dance.exe"> WOOT!!!!! </dance>
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
iFile/Safari Download Manager is a must, imo. you can do a lot of tweaking via the device

LockInfo (or any lock screen management) - cannot live without this, really

like Alli mentioned; tweaking sms, email etc. tones is a great benefit

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
So far...

[FONT=&quot]CyDelete [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Erica Utilities \ Make It Mine[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Gradiance V3 - Theme[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MobileTerminal[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OpenSSH[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]QuickReply for SMS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]SBSettings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]StatusNotifier (3.0) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Suave - Theme[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Transparent Dock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]User Wallpaper[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WeatherIcon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Winterboard[/FONT]

But, I can't for the life of me find the [FONT=&quot]illuminated theme, and I need to read up on how to change the root password.[/FONT]

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Safety first: chjange your root PW's and user account passwords: remember, most of us are on the same ip range. It only takes a quick scan to root someone's device since all the factory default root passwords are the same.

+1 for this being the first thing you do!:D

SBSettings
PDANet or MyWi
Categories (folders)
GV Mobile
LockInfo (Very nice but will suck the life right out of your battery!):(

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
i had my phone jailbroken within the hour of buying it and than i messed it up and was unable to go back to an older version and had to upgrade to 3.1.3

last night finally after over 2 months i was able to rejailbreak my phone and the only app i felt like i couldnt live without :

biteSMS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73