Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Question OK confused can you or can't you JB 3.1.3?

There seem to be conflicting posts about this. The sticky says you can't, yet Spirit JB is mentioned as saying you can. Which is correct?

I may be taking a 3-month contract job in Germany and AT&T's rates are INSANE ($5.99/month extra AND .99/min). Obviously an unlocked iPhone would save me these charges, but if it can't be done, I'll just have to buy an unlocked phone for the trip.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbachandouris View Post
    There seem to be conflicting posts about this. The sticky says you can't, yet Spirit JB is mentioned as saying you can. Which is correct?

I may be taking a 3-month contract job in Germany and AT&T's rates are INSANE ($5.99/month extra AND .99/min). Obviously an unlocked iPhone would save me these charges, but if it can't be done, I'll just have to buy an unlocked phone for the trip.
    Ok the deal is you can Jailbreak Iphone 3.1.3 but you CANNOT unlock 3.1.3. The difference is that Jailbreaking gives you more control over the way your screen looks as well as better fuctions. Unlocking means that you can use a sim card from a different carrier in your iphone. Like I said there currently is no unlock available.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

I do know the difference between JB and unlock. I, of course, need both. Oh well, it looks like I need to buy an unlocked phone for the trip (assuming I get the position).
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbachandouris View Post
    I do know the difference between JB and unlock. I, of course, need both. Oh well, it looks like I need to buy an unlocked phone for the trip (assuming I get the position).
    Or you can wait till OS 4.0 is out and then maybe they'll be an unlock this is a scenario a lot of people are waiting for(could be months). But if u need an unlock now then yea you'll have to buy an iphone with 3.1.2 on it.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Or you can wait till OS 4.0 is out and then maybe they'll be an unlock this is a scenario a lot of people are waiting for(could be months). But if u need an unlock now then yea you'll have to buy an iphone with 3.1.2 on it.

Nope, won't be buying an unlocked iPhone-not rich enough . I will have to buy something cheaper.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    Ok the deal is you can Jailbreak Iphone 3.1.3 but you CANNOT unlock 3.1.3.
    Completely false. You can unlock 3.13 on 2g, and on some 3g's if the bootloader is 5.8 or less.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by humanmusic View Post
    Completely false. You can unlock 3.13 on 2g, and on some 3g's if the bootloader is 5.8 or less.
    Sorry you are correct I *** u me that you had a 3gs with 3.1. and the newest boot rom and no shsh backup.
    iPhone Newbie

Can u guys assist me I too have a iPhone 3GS that was once jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1 but in my attempt to jailbreak with spirit I messed all that up is there anyway I can get my iPhone back unlocked and jailbroken with blackra1?

I did save 3.1.2 using shsh blob from ih8sn0w.com now i just need tobget back to that