Which JB FW would sell for more cash, 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 on eBay?

shreddie_murphy

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey All,

..as the title says, which Jailbroken firmware would sell for more in an eBay auction, FW 3.1.2 (old boot rom firmware etc.) or 3.1.3 (Spirit JB)?

Basically: Which is more desirable and would hold more value to a bidder?

I'm planning to list my 16GB iPhone 3G on eBay and would like to do this right the first time!

Thanks in advance!

-Shreddie.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
3.1.2 so long as it was never upgraded to 3.1.3. It lets people unlock it.

I'm thinking of selling my 3GS on 3.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked to get $ for the new model coming out :)

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I agree wit Big9erfan, 3.1.2 for sure bc it can be unlocked. Might as well take advantage now bc once 3.1.3 can be unlocked, won't be worth as much.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Tru, but once 4.0 drop in June/July they'll have an unlock. So better to capitalize on the opportunity now

There will be PLENTY of people still buying the 3GS once the new device is out. Even if I wait, until 4.0 is jailbroken and unlocked, people will still pay good money for it, possibly enough for me to cover my early upgrade. We'll see. My girlfriend is upgrading her phone and going to move to my plan for a family plan at some point this year. That might boost me to an early upgrade. :)

Forbes

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
Can u guys assist me I too have a iPhone 3GS that was once jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1 but in my attempt to jailbreak with spirit I messed all that up is there anyway I can get my iPhone back unlocked and jailbroken with blackra1?

I did save 3.1.2 using shsh blob from ih8sn0w.com now i just need tobget back to that

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Big9erfan
I sell my iPhone every year on eBay to the latest and greatest. I sold it last year for $475.00 in like 1 minute. With my 3gs on 3.1.2 I'm expecting like $550-$600. People don't want contracts so they buy them on eBay. :)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Can u guys assist me I too have a iPhone 3GS that was once jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1 but in my attempt to jailbreak with spirit I messed all that up is there anyway I can get my iPhone back unlocked and jailbroken with blackra1?

I did save 3.1.2 using shsh blob from ih8sn0w.com now i just need tobget back to that

If you updated to 3.1.3 you cannot unlock right now

Forbes

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
hmmm see thats where im confused at, some people on various sites are saying i can unlock again but first i have to go back to 3.1.2 and trick itunes into thinking im on apples server but instead I'll be using sauriks server,,,,thing is the tutorial suck.....i went to spiritjb.com and read the comments and one guy said he went up to 3.1.3 and went back down to 3.1.2 and got his unlock back

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
hmmm see thats where im confused at, some people on various sites are saying i can unlock again but first i have to go back to 3.1.2 and trick itunes into thinking im on apples server but instead I'll be using sauriks server,,,,thing is the tutorial suck.....i went to spiritjb.com and read the comments and one guy said he went up to 3.1.3 and went back down to 3.1.2 and got his unlock back

If you're on a 3GS you're not getting your unlock back bc there's a new baseband version that hasn't been unlocked. Going down to 3.1.2 will not downgrade the baseband.