Spirit worked great on my 3GS 3.1.3

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the jb scene, it worked great and it was a very fast process. Only problem I found was that I lost my pics, is it safe to re-sync with Itunes??

And I downloaded winterboard, what else do I need to look into?? Thanks

cgordonn

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
I am new to the jb scene, it worked great and it was a very fast process. Only problem I found was that I lost my pics, is it safe to re-sync with Itunes??

And I downloaded winterboard, what else do I need to look into?? Thanks

Interresting, I lost all the pics in my 3GS camera roll too. Anyone else?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
for who that used this spirit jailbreak, when i was watching some youtube vids i noticed that when the iphone reboots, the apple logo shows then i saw a mac background looking pic with a loading bar: YouTube - Spirit Jailbreak For a 3.1.3/3.2 IPad & iPhone 3G/3Gs & iPod Touch (PC/MAC) UNTETHERED

go to 3:21

does this ALWAYS show when you reboot your phone? or is it only for the first time?

Thank you guys!

I think it's the first time. I've restarted mine several times and haven't seen it again.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
perfect thanks!! and did you see or have any problems with this jailbreak? such as push/youtube/wi-fi not working? the "No Service"? and one last thing.....if i do this and dont want it anymore can i just connect it to itunes and click on restore and thats it? apple genius cannot see anything?

Thanks

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just downloaded and installed and seems to be working...thanks for the heads up with the camera roll file. I copied it to the desktop just to be safe.

Forbes

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
hello all,

i was using an iphone 3gs unlocked and jailbroken using blackra1 i attemtped to use spirit to get my iphone to be untethered and because i had to restore my 3gs in order to use spirit my firmware went to 3.1.3 and the connect to itunes screen appeared which doesnt allow me to use spirit if that there, now the bigger problem is i cant get back to 3.1.2 no matter how many times ive tried so i can just use blackra1 again....can anyone help me?

Vendettx#IM

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
OMG IT WORKED!! FINALLY MY PHONE IS BACK TO ITS OLD GLORY!!!!

it did however delete all my photos which kinda sucked but not a big deal to me!

hmm.. seems like none of my old sources work in cydia?

Last edited:

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I havent had any trouble with Cydia or any of the downloads, it might just be over crowded due to the release of Spirit.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
My camera roll is gone too.

If I restore from a from a file that wasn't jailbroken, will my iPhone become unjailbroken?

I'm assuming yes but I just want to make sure first.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Go into iTunes and do a restore from backup to get your photos back. They posted a new version of Spirit on the site that fixes the camera roll issue.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
Worked good on my iPhone 3gs.

...but after a few resprings I lost Cydia. I can still run it from spotlight search and I placed it in the SBsettings dock so I have it, and it runs fine, just not on the springboard...oh well, I'm alright with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2