please help me...

rightz_06

May 3, 2010
Visit site
hi, i've been doing all the tutorials ive found about unlocking and JB my iphone for like a week now. not of them work..

ok, first my friend just gave me his old 2g iphone never been unlock or JB.
when i plug it in to my PC itunes asked me to update to 3.1.3 id dont know all about firmwares and updates coz im new to Iphone's so i did update.

after a while of looking how to unlock or JB an iphone noticed that its the new firmware and its hard to do it with new firmware although some of them can do it.. but it cant work for me.. by the way the home button is broken so i cant do redsnow.. i tried snowbreeze but didnt work too coz i cant put it in DFU mode or whatever coz i cant press the home button is broken so i tried blackra1n still didnt work..:(

ok so i look and i look deciding if i can downgrade firmware to 3.0 and so i did it. and now im trying to unlock and JB using blackra1n i got the error msg ASL.dll is missing and i find a way how to fix it by putting the blackrain on the some folder in itunes in program files. and so it work as i start black rain it goes to recovery mode then goes running and it stays there. and my phone get stuck on the picture usb connect to itunes )(recovery mode) so i dont know what to do.. so i decided to just put it on the forum. so hopefully someone can help me what to do.. thanks. im running win.7 x64 thanks for your help........:)

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
the new jailbreak for 3.1.3 was just released tonight, so you should be ok to upgrade unless you want to unlock the phone to use on another carrier. home button is broken? how do you close out of an app and get back to the main screen??

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Upgrade to 3.1.3, Jailbreak using Spirit, then:

In Cydia, search for the app ?BootNeuter? and install the app. Open BootNeuter and make sure the settings match are exactly as follows:

Version: 4.6
Neuter: On
Faceblank: Off
Baseband: Unlock

Then tap "Flash" in the upper right corner to unlock.

Reboot your iPhone. Insert SIM card of your choice. Reboot your iPhone again.*

rightz_06

May 3, 2010
Visit site
yo guys thanks.. but its too late i update too 3.1.2 then i run blackrain then it works plus now im trying to unlock it coz im using T-mobile so i went to cydia and install the file bootneuter to unlock my iphone then i flash it and i got the error and crash my iphone as soon as i plug in to itunes and try to restore it says error 23. i cant restore my phone was stuck on the usb conncet to itunes..

damn i shouldve just wait for ur reply's. then i look online i found this winpwn thing im trying to figure out right now cant sleep i need tp do this thanks guys for ur help.. any help what sould i do next?

rightz_06

May 3, 2010
Visit site
how do i close an app u mean.. this iphone is been sitting for like 4months now my friend just gave it to me.. and im trying to jailbreak it so i can install cydia and download th app called ihome it replace the home button just a slide.. help me with this error 23 cant fix it.. is this brick?

rightz_06

May 3, 2010
Visit site
guys i found this thing about the error 23 let me know what do u think on the itunnel and winscp coz i dont know what it does...

Fix the Iphone Error 23 (Itunes) in three delightful flavours.

Ok folks, I too have had this problem with a host of strange answers such as browser setting and "oh, how much memory have you got on XP!"
If you too fall foul to the dreaded 23 error message then heres how... I, after 2 days of messing about, I got it to work. ( I didn't need the bosch codetools administration hammer after all )

Ok, Itunes is saying it cannot restore...

Easy way 1:
first, see if you can get the restore to work in the DFU mode (with iphone off and itunes minimised )(hold down on power and home - when the phone switches on, continue to hold down home (the button on the bottom of the iphone) until you get a screen on the phone and itunes mentions that you need to restore ).... try this.... still not working???? ok.

Moderate annoyance 2:
leave your dead iphone buzzing on the desk connected to itunes for like 30 minutes.. (it should switch on and off again at 5-10 min intervals)..make a coffee....
after 30 mins... maximise itunes and do a sync... if it can sync..

use itunnel and winscp into your phone and replace offending file... (mine was mobileinstallation) .. once done.. your phone will automatically come back to life

Rue the day I bought this 3:

quickpwn into your iphone and replace the firmware.
This will have you putting everything back again, however you may well be able to sync back your details.

Good luck heroes

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2