Finally JB is out

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm about to JB mine again. I lost my previous JB due to my radio crapping out and had to get a replacement iPhone. The iPhone came with 3.1.3.

Since I never lost a JB before, once I get my new one JB'd, will I have access to my Cydia and Rock apps once I log in to them or will I have to repurchase those apps. Primarily, I want MiFi.

Thanks,

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
ok just jailbreaked husband's 2g...it works like a charm....

no problems so far :)

edit:

eh, spoke too soon....it deleted his pictures...anybody knows how to get it back without losing the jb??

Last edited:

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
its a little faster than blackrain. That often freezes up phones for me but Ive tested two phone so far with spirit and no issues.

What we really need more than a 3.13 jailbreak is an unlock...

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Well that sucks. I lost everything on my 'camera roll'. The other 2 folders are fine, though.

Also, I can't access Cydia now. Maybe they're extra busy?

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
ok just jailbreaked husband's 2g...it works like a charm....

no problems so far :)

edit:

eh, spoke too soon....it deleted his pictures...anybody knows how to get it back without losing the jb??

just try a restore from backup...shouldnt harm the jailbreak....

always back up your pics on a computer, then you dont lose them.

jredecop#IM

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Restore from backup does no good..doesn't backup pictures with iTunes. Tried it:( had some awesome pictures of my son on there. Had most of them backed up in iPhoto but not all:(

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
ah...I always manually back up anything before I jailbreak or do anything to a phone...

Sorry to hear about ur loss!

BTW, wasnt this supposed to be a userland jailbreak?

DCSholtis

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Newbie to the whole JB process and the iPhone that being said I just ran the Spirit JB on my 3Gs everything seems fine. Pics and videos I had saved are still there but if I try to access Cydia it seems to crash. Nothing happens. Anyone else having that happen?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Double sucks! I get this error when trying to install 'Backgrounder' from Cydia:

94a4857e.jpg

Oh well. More stuff to figure out tomorrow.

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Newbie to the whole JB process and the iPhone that being said I just ran the Spirit JB on my 3Gs everything seems fine. Pics and videos I had saved are still there but if I try to access Cydia it seems to crash. Nothing happens. Anyone else having that happen?

try blackra1n

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A lot of you dummies don't realize that you're getting into Cydia and trying to download MANY apps that weren't developed for the iPad yet...