Oh crud I broke it =(

oh_i_broke_it

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I am new and an idiot =(

I jail breaked my iphone sucessfully and one day I decided to restore the iphone to its factory settings via the iphones menus and forgot about the jailbreak and now its messed up. I can get Itunes to recognise the iphone, but it wont restore i get an error and I see the Ipod cable into itunes on the iphone screen.

Can someone help me get back to a fresh working phone please!

Many thanks

1 Dumb-a*s

Karl

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
well there's a cable pointing at itunes... maybe it means you should connect your phone via the usb to your computer? and open up itunes if it doesn't by itself? then there will be instructions like "you must restore" then you click the "restore button"

but unfortunately if it's a 3gs you won't be able to downgrade unless you backed up your shsh hashes

geez ppl are getting stupider and stupider these days... i was stupid but they is even stupider than me o_O

like the other day some guy didn't know how to google and I had to write a step by step tutorial :p

oh_i_broke_it

May 2, 2010
Visit site
hmm

Thanks for your reply

I feel there is no need for you to suggest I am stupid. I can read and understand instructions and fyi I did connect it to itunes and attempt a restore. It comes up with an error message during the restoration place...hence why I posted here. Albeit why I said "but it wont restore i get an error and I see the Ipod cable into itunes on the iphone screen" so without causing offence you need to be less hasty with your replies and read! ;)

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
h t t p://support.apple.com/kb/ts1275
I found this on apple support. take out the spaces obviously they give a variety of options on trying to fix it

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I'm not sure if it'll matter because I think you're already in recovery mode but you could try and force it back into recovery mode.

Disconnect your iPhone from the computer and turn it off.

While it's off hold in the home button and plug it into the computer.

When you see the cable pointing at iTunes let go of the home button.

If I remember correctly iTunes will pop up and say the phone needs to be restored. Click restore as a new device.

I'm not sure if it'll work but it sounds like it couldn't hurt.

You could also try and google the error and see what you find.

Good luck.

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply

I feel there is no need for you to suggest I am stupid. I can read and understand instructions and fyi I did connect it to itunes and attempt a restore. It comes up with an error message during the restoration place...hence why I posted here. Albeit why I said "but it wont restore i get an error and I see the Ipod cable into itunes on the iphone screen" so without causing offence you need to be less hasty with your replies and read! ;)

Unfortunately there are a few people on here who'd rather be rude than helpful. It took me a while to get used to it, but you have to have a thick skin to participate in these forums.

Good luck!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You may have to take it to an Apple store then. I suppose you could try iRecovery to see if you can get it out of the boot loop, but I make 0 guarantees.

oh_i_broke_it

May 2, 2010
Visit site
oh crap and they wont do anything because its jail broken though? Ill try iRecovery...hope it works. Surely somone must of done what I have done before?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2