Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Guru

1,522 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts

Default iPhone 4.0 - forget jailbreak!

So how many people are going to not worry about jailbreaking their iPhone with the new iPhone OS 4 (assuming it will be able to be jailbroken).

I am thinking about forgetting it. I used my jailbreak mostly for four things - multitasking, organization/themes, tethering, and SBSsettings.

Multitasking and app organization are included in OS 4.

I use tether so rarely, it probably isn't worth it to stay jailbroken just for that.

I will miss SBS settings, but I can live without it.

So anyone else thinking about ditching the jailbreak?

iMore Genius

8,216 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts

not a chance in hell
    iMore Expert

910 Posts
    Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

That pitiful excuse for a default email tone is one of the main reasons I jailbreak. SBsettings is another. One of my few gripes with Apple. Who the hell sells a phone in which you can't change any of the default tones, with the exception of ringtones?
    iPhone Intermediate

156 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

as long as I have an iPhone I will jailbreak it. Period.
    iMore Newbie

20 Posts
    Global Posts
    914 Global Posts

No way. I don't do as much as I could with it that requires Jailbreaking, but I don't want Steve Jobs to tell me what I can't have on my device.
    iMore Intermediate

154 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,169 Global Posts

I ditched jailbreak a couple of months ago and my 3GS runs faster and I don't have to worry about upgrades. I do miss Info Screen,sbsettings and myfi but in the end my iphone just runs so much better non jail broken. 4 point oh will be the final icing on the cake.
    iPhone Intermediate

114 Posts

I had the old bootrom 3gs my battery crash(not the phone) sent it to apple for battery replacement and got a new bootroom 3gs and was surpised at how much smoother and faster it ran......then again until apple allows,tethering,sbsettings,and a way to keep videos I will always jb and can't forget anyring