Will you Jailbreak your new iPhone 4G/HD?

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
How many of you will jailbreak your new iphone once its released? What will be that one thing that's missing that will make you have to jailbreak it? For me its iBlacklist, if the app store had this app I would never jailbreak it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
BiteSMS. Being able to quickly reply to texts has reshaped my iPhone experience.
Infinidock. There's no reason to limit that dock to 4 icons. I have 5 first-party and 5 third-party apps that I use consistently throughout the day, and I'd like them all in the dock.
SBSettings. Apple needs a lesson on efficiency.
Lockinfo. There's no reason not to display information and notifications on the locks screen.
LiveClock and WeatherIcon. I hate looking at a fake temperature on the weather icon, and a static analog clock. It's irritating. The Calendar icon displays live info, why not the weather and clock icons?

However even if Apple solved all of these, I'd still jailbreak because I like being able to get waaaay too expensive apps for free.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
BiteSMS. Being able to quickly reply to texts has reshaped my iPhone experience.
Infinidock. There's no reason to limit that dock to 4 icons. I have 5 first-party and 5 third-party apps that I use consistently throughout the day, and I'd like them all in the dock.
SBSettings. Apple needs a lesson on efficiency.
Lockinfo. There's no reason not to display information and notifications on the locks screen.
LiveClock and WeatherIcon. I hate looking at a fake temperature on the weather icon, and a static analog clock. It's irritating. The Calendar icon displays live info, why not the weather and clock icons?

However even if Apple solved all of these, I'd still jailbreak because I like being able to get waaaay too expensive apps for free.

I'll agree with everything said except the part about the getting expensive apps for free. I don't jailbreak to pirate apps, I jailbreak to get apps that Apple would otherwise reject from the App Store.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll agree with everything said except the part about the getting expensive apps for free. I don't jailbreak to pirate apps, I jailbreak to get apps that Apple would otherwise reject from the App Store.

I buy most of my apps simply to support developers, but I can't support a number 1 app being priced at $15. I vote by not spending my money on the app.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I haven't ever jailbroken my iphone but if the final release of 4.0 lacks quick access to settings, a better notification system, and still doesn't allow info to be displayed on the lock screen then I'll be eagerly awaiting a jailbreak.

I can put up with most aspects of the closed experience but when it comes to just plain stupid censures I can't support it.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I didn't JB my 3GS so I'm not going to JB my HD/G4 either. I just do not see the point. The iPhone does what I need it to, that's why I bought it. OS 4 is going to give me even more things that I didn't so once again what's the point of a person like me doing a JB.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
As a developer, that's a horrible excuse.

Well, sorry, but that's just how I feel. It's a mobile app. There's no way a simple mobile application should cost $14.99. As a customer, I can't understand how a developer feels justified by pricing it at that price. If they have a lite version, I'll download that and see if I like it, but many do not. And I'm not going to pay all that money to test something out.

Also, I don't have a credit card, so when I want more iTunes credit to buy APPS... I have to buy a prepaid credit card. In Canada, you can't use iTunes cards to buy apps. It's much more difficult to buy apps in Canada than in America.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I buy most of my apps simply to support developers, but I can't support a number 1 app being priced at $15. I vote by not spending my money on the app.

Not spending money on an app and downloading it illegally are two different things. If you don't think it's worth $15, don't buy it. But certainly don't obtain it illegally.If you need it that badly, learn to program and write your own. To me, a developers work should be compensated if I use their app. If possible, I even donate to the developer for the free ones I download.

But, to each his/her own. That's just my opinion.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Not spending money on an app and downloading it illegally are two different things. If you don't think it's worth $15, don't buy it. But certainly don't obtain it illegally.If you need it that badly, learn to program and write your own. To me, a developers work should be compensated if I use their app. If possible, I even donate to the developer for the free ones I download.

But, to each his/her own. That's just my opinion.

Well, sorry. I'm just being honest. I pirate software on my computer all the time because it's too expensive, as do many other people. Same thing happens on the iPhone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do have to admit i've dabbled with cracked apps myself and it just seemed like a lot of micro-managing, especially when it came to updates

but i will most definitely be JB'ng the 4G, can't think of any reason not to do it

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i do have to admit i've dabbled with cracked apps myself and it just seemed like a lot of micro-managing, especially when it came to updates

but i will most definitely be JB'ng the 4G, can't think of any reason not to do it

Yes it is. That's why I do buy a lot of apps anyway just for convenience.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
With out a doubt I will be jailbreaking my new iPhone. I prefer my iPhone with SBSettings, LockInfo and Winterboard.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I REALLY want that new BMW, but they are asking too much money for it... maybe I should just steal it. People can try to justify stealing apps/music/software any way they want, but it doesn't make them any less of a thief. Just because you want something doesn't mean that you are entitled to it. The app is the developers property... they can set whatever price they want for it. You can decide whether or not it is worth it. If you don't want to pay the price, you can't have it. Just because you probably won't get caught doesn't make stealing OK. Character is how we behave when no one is watching. Come on people... show a little character.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I REALLY want that new BMW, but they are asking too much money for it... maybe I should just steal it. People can try to justify stealing apps/music/software any way they want, but it doesn't make them any less of a thief. Just because you want something doesn't mean that you are entitled to it. The app is the developers property... they can set whatever price they want for it. You can decide whether or not it is worth it. If you don't want to pay the price, you can't have it. Just because you probably won't get caught doesn't make stealing OK. Character is how we behave when no one is watching. Come on people... show a little character.

Most, not all, kids these days have a warped sense of reality and thinking. The lines of right and wrong are often blurred with illogical thinking. Expecting them to understand how important it is to have good character is, unfortunately, out of reach for most.

As far as the new iPhone and jailbreaking, of course I'll be jailbreaking it. If you can't mod it, why own it?:D

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I understand no one is specifically talking about how to pirate apps, but any discussion about piracy will not be tolerated on these forums. Please follow the rules, thanks.