Bricked iPhone with 3.1 and 5.11.7 Pwnage DFU help please

nfoboy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I thought I had done all the steps necessary, but I guess I may have missed one.

My phone:

3gs with 3.1
5.11.07 bb

Bricked

Did 3.1.4 Pwnage, and went thru all the steps, but I may have done them wrong as I did pick "yes" on the activate thru Itunes.

I had downloaded 3.1.2 IPSW and got thru the step of delivering the payload.

Now, the phone constantly gets the 1600 or 1604 error.

I've deleted the backup IPSW, tried it on Windows and MAC versions of itunes.

What I would "like" to do is re-run Pwnage, but when I get to the step of delivering the payload, it can't find the iphone, because it's in recovery mode.

When I try to DFU it, I follow the steps of turning off, but it restarts so quickly on its own, that I can't do the steps of pushing power and home button in time with the countdown. So I can't seem to get it to DFU in Pwnage (I can in iTunes)

Is there something I just can't find on how to get this puppy in DFU to re-deliver the payload from Pwnage?

I don't want to restore thru iTunes, as I know I get 3.1.3 and the dreaded 5.12 baseband.

glburn

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This actually does work, i tried it restoring 3.1.2 stock ipsw before trying 3.1.3 as i have my shsh with cydia so if i made a mistake pulling the cable out i could just keep restoring the 3.1.2 software, i ran ireb and my phone was fine, i'm on O2 so you do need to be on an official sim so itunes can activate, restored to 3.1.3 and pulled cable out at same point,done the same steps and guess what it worked,ran spirit but dont need unlock as im contracted anyway but can still unlock if i want as i still have 05.11.07 baseband....believe me i have tried about 20 to 30 times with snowbreeze and kept getting 1600 error when restoring custom 3.1.3 ipsw.....100% works
these are the exact steps...
restore iphone,no need to hit shift as this is the stock 3.1.3 update
itunes reads....
"Extracting software"
"Verifying with Apple"
"Preparing Restore" may take a minute or 2
"Waiting for iphone"
"Restoring iphone software" apple logo with empty white bar appears on phone
the bar will be just over halfway complete when you get
"Verifying with apple"
then pull cable out as soon as it says "updating iphone software" and itunes gives error 9 so just close itunes

run ireb 3.1.2 3gs loop fix then activate with itunes then rejailbreak with spirit. you will still be on 5.11.7 baseband

worked for me 100%
again try at your own risk as i did...... windows xp user with mc model 32gb 3gs which was jailbroken with blackra1n

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative