Sms Apps

mjtumlison

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Please forgive me if this has already been posted, I do call myself looking. Is there any app that allows you to have a custom sms tone for each contact like you do with a ringtone? I tried the profile apps but they didnt work well. Also, is there an app where you get notified when your sms has been read?

Thanks in advance!
Megan

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can do it - its just difficult

You have multiple options, some free, some not

1. ToneFX - Available in the Cydia App Store, cost is $4.99 - allows you to change ANY tone on the device to specific tones uploaded from your computer. Change the Calendar alert beeps, or the SMS tones.

2. OpenSSH - More complex, possibly confusing to an amateur jailbreaker, requires you to convert audio files to AIFF, then use a program like WinSCP to SSH into the phone and copy files over that way - more dangerous as it can brick your phone, but this is the free way.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
"Yes you can do it - its just difficult
You have multiple options, some free, some not"

Very True... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mjtumlison wants to assign a Different Tone for Each Contact. Unlike Ring Tone assignment... SMS for individual Contacts is not available yet... I'm sure it's being worked on... The Audio file also needs to be renamed as a *.caf file then replace the original *.caf file with your new *.caf. Have FUN...

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
One can also use iBrowser to copy and paste files. BUT with that you are tethered, which is no big deal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2