iPhone 3GS Stuck on Apple Logo Screen

driverm

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Urgent help needed please.. [Status - Not helped!!]

Hi.
I have a 3GS with 3.1.2 OS jailbroken and simlocked by blackra1n and blacksnow. 2 days ago, I downloaded a photograph app from itunes app store. I bought it officially. and a day after that my iphone suddenly restarted itself while i was talking on the phone. It was starting itself over and over again, getting stuck on the apple logo screen. I tried many things that i could find on the internet. However, many of them didnt worked. (iPhone Browser, IPhone Explorer didnt worked also. Those didnt recognize my iphone even if iphone was at recovery stage.)

Now I m trying the solution, stated at this article.
(ihackintosh.com/2009/09/recover-iphone-3gs-from-apple-logo-or-recovery-mode-loop/)

I put the iphone into recovery mode, starting the terminal and it successfully recognizes my iphone. However after that none of my commands are being recognized by the terminal, as an example, my terminal output:

(Recovery) iPhone$ setenv auto-boot true
(Recovery) iPhone$ saveenvs
(Recovery) iPhone$ fsboot

Even if i write ?myiphonesucks? as a command, terminal doesnt give any response to it such as:

(Recovery) iPhone$ myiphonesucks
(Recovery) iPhone$

However, after connecting the iphone through, iRecovery -s, I only can use ?reboot? command. Interestingly it only recognizes this command. Not even ?fsboot??

I also can not SSH into my iphone as I mentioned earlier. iPhone browser or any other software does not recognize my phone even at the recovery stage.

I dont want to restore my iphone with itunes because it wants to update the software with the latest one, which is 3.1.3, and which blackrain has not yet created an update for it. I need to unlock the sim for using it but without blackrain, i cannot.

Please help me, I need my iPhone so much these days. As part of my job, I need to look at my mails while I am away too, but w/o my iphone, it really is impossible for me.

This really is urgent! Please help me.

Thanks alot.

Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had pretty much the same situation as you where I got stuck in the boot loop.

DO NOT OFFICIALLY RESTORE.

First things first - did you have a tethered jailbreak?

xescuy

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Hello lvcifer, driverm
I have the exact same issue after resetting my wifi settings. Phone stuck in apple logo screen. Same device/OS
The only thing I need is my contacts but really badly :)

- untethered JB
- iRecovery tool - same results as driverm (after installing 64bit libusb with all the "fun" that involves)
- attempted editing com.apple.SpringBoard.plist - unable to access (SSH, iPhoneBrwser, iFunBox, iTunnel)
- unfortunately I happened to turn SSH off in my SBSettings a bit before the crash so maybe that's why is not doing it, plus SSH is through wifi which I'm sure is not on at the apple logo
- finally I noticed that the battery is not charging or only charging a little bit at a time (USB ports should be fine, iTunes sees it when I put it in recovery mode)
So ... any ideas
Is there a way to SSH into the device through USB?
Can you think of any other way of accessing the SpringBoard.plist?
Should these operations be done in recovery mode, DFU mode?
I have available Win7 64bit and Ubuntu 10.04 64bit (no Mac but I might be able to recompile something for Linux)
I'm willing to go as far as necessary as long as it does not involve soldering :)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
X

xescuy

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Do you require an unlock? And for your contacts, have you backed up via iTunes recently?

Will need unlock
I have 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 SHSH blobs on Saurik's server
Backup done in itunes but gone when reinstalling win7 so it's gone bye bye.:mad:
Any ideas?

aceman

May 23, 2010
Visit site
ok guys i need your help..

i have 3gs with 3.1.2 , broadband 5.11.7 i think, week 48, its was unlocked with blackrain and jailbroken with Citia.

I had an issue with Citia which crashed, i used directions with something called SSH to delate citia. Now Blackrain does not work, i "let it rain" and the phone just keeps going, its does not reboot back. I tried this so many times and nothing. Everything was working fine before, it only happed when i took off citia. i am running Itunes 9.1, would it help if i tried it with 8.9?

please please help, i cant use this phone, becuase i am not using ATT...
should i upgrade to 3.1.1 and restore settings? can you unlock 3.1.1 yet?

xescuy

May 24, 2010
Visit site
sorry aceman ...
do you mean Cydia ?
If you can still ssh into the phone just restore your files or edit SpringBoard.plist -do a search in google- should be plenty of info there.
If not ... I don't know, hopefully LVCIFER can help :D

aceman

May 23, 2010
Visit site
i do mean Cydia yes...:)

i tried to log in again to SSH, but the siftware could not find the phone....i guess its not finding the IP address or something like this...

LVCIFER any help ? anybody ?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ok, screw this, I'll be honest, I keep forgetting to check the forums because I've been a bit busy lately, so ALL OF YOU, send me an e-Mail at FEARtheSERVER@gmail.com with your specific problem, and I will do what I can to help you guys out.

xescuy

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried iRestore already? Hope you don't have a 64bit system. It's a damn hassle. But it might save your a$$
And keep searching ... you might find more info than I did and come up with a solution.
Good luck

aceman

May 23, 2010
Visit site
hey bro Solved...i found a guy online who came to my house for about 50$, he fixed it, not sure what he did, but he upgraded me to 3.1.3, but left me the old modem Firmware at 5.11.07. now its sim free, unlocked, plus everytime i close the phone i dont have to connect it to the computer, no blackrain....not sure what he did, but he is a KING...

netster

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
stuck in boot loop

Hi I have a 3gs 32gb iphone, which had been jailbroken on 3.1.2.

I had updated it to ios 4 custom firmware, all was good.

My phone got wet on holiday and got itself into a bit of a flap, but after an hour drying it out with a hair drying, the moisture in the screen disappeared, and the phone/screen came back to life, BUT the phone was now stuck in the logo/spining wheel/reboot cycle.

On returning from hols I put the phone into the recovery mode, then restored the ios 4, the phone took the firmware, but still stuck in reboot loop.

The funny thing is, that itunes can see the phone, I can even copy music to it, but on the device itself it still is only showing the apple logo, then after a while the logo + spinning wheel, then after a few minutes it reboots.

I have tried irecovery, this has not ended the loop.

I have managed to downgrade to 3.1.2, then run the blackra1n jailbreak the phone, but still stuck in reboot loop.

Can anyone help/explain what is going on?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711