3.1.3 / 5.12.01 Unlock and Jailbreak - FOUND

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been following this blog for a bit now, and they say that in 9 days as of this post they will release their unlock for 3G and 3GS's running on 3.1.3 and baseband 5.12.01!

thunderst0rm

Screenshots included on the blog.

I am not a dev for this blog or anything, just a supporter and a person waiting patiently on the release :p

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If this is legit, it's a ridiculous waste of an exploit. None of their videos show anything legitimate. As far as I'm concerned this is just a fake jailbreak and should be avoided.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Well as I said I don't work for them or anything.. just letting everyone else know that its out there, in case it does work.

I personally will test it when its released - and report back. 3GS 32GB on 3.1.2 / 5.12.01

I don't get how people say its a waste of an exploit.. how many people have $800 paper weights right now? I'm sure its a significant amount of people that it wouldn't go to waste. If even 1 person uses the exploit, then it wasn't a waste to release it. If 1,000,000 people use it, then it wasn't a waste of time to develop.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Also, there's at least 3 different exploits floating around out there (GeoHotz, Musclenerd, Chronic Dev, Dev Team, etc..)

When 4.0 hits, there will be lots of JB's and Unlocks..

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
this is a fake and should be deleted. don't give them any attention.

How do you know? It's not like this person is charging for anything, nor is he asking for any type of donation. Wait till the 23rd and if it works then cool, and if not then we don't worry about it.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Also, I kinda know Wiltron, why should it be deleted just because you assume that it will be fake? Exploits seem to be a dime a dozen now. The "security sheriff" they hired for 4.0 needs his ass fired. :|

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Yay I'm known by the all mighty lvcifer :p

in 8 days we'll know if it's fake or not - I'm putting my device on the line to test :)

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
this is a fake and should be deleted. don't give them any attention.

How do you know? It's not like this person is charging for anything, nor is he asking for any type of donation. Wait till the 23rd and if it works then cool, and if not then we don't worry about it.

I agree why should this post be deleted after all Beerwolf only has 1 post. Not that i'm any better at posting. It would be worth a try on the 23rd.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't get how people say its a waste of an exploit.. how many people have $800 paper weights right now? I'm sure its a significant amount of people that it wouldn't go to waste. If even 1 person uses the exploit, then it wasn't a waste to release it. If 1,000,000 people use it, then it wasn't a waste of time to develop.

It's a WASTE of an exploit b/c even Dev-Team and GeoHot have said that the jailbreak exploits are becoming more difficult to find with each new release of an OS. To release an exploit on a 3.1.x release where Apple can just easily patch that for 4.0, IS a waste. If this is a legit jailbreak AND unlock, this team is showing Apple their hand WAY too early.

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It's a WASTE of an exploit b/c even Dev-Team and GeoHot have said that the jailbreak exploits are becoming more difficult to find with each new release of an OS. To release an exploit on a 3.1.x release where Apple can just easily patch that for 4.0, IS a waste. If this is a legit jailbreak AND unlock, this team is showing Apple their hand WAY too early.

you have a jailbroken iPhone, many of us don't

Necessity is the mother of invention, but no one ever mentioned its father: Impatience.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
you have a jailbroken iPhone, many of us don't

Necessity is the mother of invention, but no one ever mentioned its father: Impatience.

And I have had to do my share of waiting for an exploit. I understand your impatience, but I also understand withholding for a greater reward. Waiting to release the exploit until 4.0 will benefit many more people than those waiting for a 3.1.3 exploit. 4.0 may come out with a new baseband which will leave people waiting for an unlock for (possibly) longer.

Again, I understand the frustration, but also understand that the security holes jailbreakers are using are getting more and more complex and harder to use (in general), why go out of the way to show Apple an exploit they can patch between now and 4.0 in 2 months? 3.1.3 has been out for 2 months now, likely you only have to wait another 2 months for 4.0.

Finally, jailbreaking is not a "right". Apple is going out of their way to make it more difficult to jailbreak. Jailbreakers have to take more responsibility for their devices to preserve jailbreaks.

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site

As i have stated before 50 million Iphones and only a handful of hackers. Gosh I wish I had skills,

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I would love to test out the jailbreak, too, but I am such a newbie to iPhones that I would be worried that I would brick the phone.

There is a copy of an early build on their site that you can rapishare to get the jb and unlock. This is being stressed as a "use at own risk" build since there is a boot issue. I downloaded it just to see what it would entail. It's literally plug in and click and wait.

Am debating on trying it... If it works will post later tonight with screen shots

Raeki

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a waste of an exploit because instead of saving it for newer versions to jailbreak (which would be better) you would have jailbroken something that would be outdated in couple weeks. 3.1.3 jailbreak is completely pointless and 4.0 is coming soon anyways

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods