What happens if I restore?

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a jailbroken phone, and while trying to sync in itunes, it came up with an error and said it couldn't finish. iTunes now says that I have to restore my phone.
If I choose to restore, will it upgrade me to 3.1.3, or will it allow me to stay at 3.1.2, so that I can stay jailbroken?
Any help you may give will be appreciated.
Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It should only upgrade to 3.1.3 if you restore as new. If you restore to your last backup you should be fine. What is it doing exactly?

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
After giving me the error during syncing, itunes told me I had to set up the iphone. My choices were to set up as new, or restore from a backup. Well, I ended up setting up as new, which just wanted me to rename the phone. The problem with that choice was that it erased all my music/videos on my phone. It did not make me update though, which was all that I was worried about. It just popped up a window telling me that there was an update and asked if I wanted to dl and install, which I said NO!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i was running 3.1.2FW when my phone froze on the dreadful apple logo so i needed to restore via iTunes and was forced to upgrade to 3.1.3 which i obviously lost my JB...oh well, shyt happens ;)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you have a 3GS you have to update, a 3G or 2G will not require an update ( depending on your version of iTunes I think ).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice