Aaaugrhh.. weird situation with iPhone

Bentair

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Guys, please help..

I have this weird situation with an iPhone.

Its actually my bosses bosses phone. Yea.. two grades over me. I just had to go like.. oh.. you pay that much to have it unlocked every time you restart? Next thing you know hes handed it to me and asked me to fix it "please" (as if it were a request.. yeah right..). Anyhow, the phone situation is like this -

When I received it, it said Connect to iTunes, and there was a tiny lock made on the top center and on the left there top there is are three underscore marks where theres supposed to be the sim details.

This does not seem like "Restore" mode.. since its got the lock logo and the blank sim sign. Besides this, if I connect it to iTunes, it says I do not have the right sim card.

I have been able to put it in restore mode, but nothing I read and tried worked on it.

It was pretty simple when I jailbroke and unlocked my phone. But now iTunes insists on updating the 3gs to 3.1.3 - Dead end.

So please guys, strap on ur thinking helmets and leme know how to fix this..

Regards
Bentair (or whatever my callsign is here..)

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It's asking to be activated via iTunes - and if he has upgraded to 3.1.3, without previously being jailbroken on 3.1.2 (and having his SHSH keys backed up on Cydia's server) it is stuck in that phase until you insert the correct SIM card the phone is locked too. It will go away then, however it will be an over-priced iPod touch, as the phone is locked to a specific carrier.

If he is not on that specific carrier, he can't use it until the new Jailbreak/Unlock is released.

Your options are as follows:

1. Hope that he has his SHSH keys backed up Saurik's server, so you can downgrade to 3.1.2 and use Blackra1n to Jailbreak/Unlock
2. Further pray he has Baseband 5.11 or lower, as if he's on 5.12 his phone is locked for a loooong time.

To find out which Baseband he has, you'll need to get around that activation screen. Try using Blackra1n to do it, it will either work or it wont. Goto Settings, then General, then About, scroll down to "Modem Firmware". 5.12 = bad, 5.11 = good.

Bentair

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Guys, the iPhone was already Jailbroken and Unlocked.

He was told that it would get locked everytime he restarts the phone. Hope that helps?

Guys please leme know how I can fix this phone..

Bentair

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Iv tried putting it in recovery mode and using Blackrain. Didnt help.

He has gotten it fixed everytime it restarts, but has to pay money each time and would like to get it permanently fixed.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess he has a 3GS with the newer bootrom that requires a tethered jailbreak. He certainly doesn't have to pay every time, but he does need to jailbreak/unlock every time he restarts it. Make sure his iTunes is updated and you have patched Blackra1n to work with the new iTunes.

There is currently no "fix" for a tethered jailbreak. Hopefully it's coming with 4.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

ALSO, being that this is a new iPhone 3G, that requires a tethered jailbreak, I also suggest getting a battery case.

A good one is "Case-Mate Fuel" (google it) but it's ugly as sin. It will however, act as a case AND a charger. Or you could go to BestBuy an pick up a "InCase PowerSlider" case.

That, and a car charger. That way the iPhone never goes off. If you have a laptop, that's ideal/superb.

Let me know how that goes.

Bentair

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
GUys, thanks for the assist so far!

But as I wrote- running Blackrain from www/ blackra1n/ com is doing nothing for the phone. Blackra1n runs and runs for a long while and then the phone restarts and all and nothing - its still the same.

And all this is after I have first put it in "restore" mode from the mysterious mode that it was in earlier..

Do please leme know if you guys come up with something.

And guys, also - Please do leme know how can i do a system restore on the phone without going to 3.1.3??

THnx ..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh