Restoring to 3.1.2

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have had my iphone 3g 16gb for around a year. I previously jailbroke with blackra1n but after a while it seemed slow so i restored to normal iphone. I since upgraded to 3.1.3 not knowing I would no longer ba able to jailbreak. I now want to jailbreak again, but seeing as theres no jailbreak for 3.1.3 (Or is there???) I would like to restore to 3.1.2 so I can jailbreak with blackra1n again as it was so simple first time around.
Can I do this?
If so, How?
Thanks in advance.
(My first post so sorry if i made any school boy errors with this post.)

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Here's a link. Hope it helps.
thinktechno.com/2010/02/06/how-to-jailbreak-iphoneipod-touch-3-1-3-with-redsnow/]How To Jailbreak iPhone/iPod Touch 3.1.3 With Redsnow | Thinktechno.com[/url]

Hi, So I tried this link and the download for Redsnow 0.9.4 is not valid (just get error 404)
I have tried elsewhere for this but to no avail.
Is it actualy possible to jailbreak my iPhone 3g on 3.1.3 or is there some joke im not in on? lol
thanks again

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Download the 3G 3.1.2 firmware ( google it ). Open iTunes, press hold down the shift ( or the command button on a mac ) and press the restore button in iTunes. Browse to the 3.1.2 firmware and you should be restored back to 3.1.2.

You will be able to jailbreak but not unlock.

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
=LVCIFER
iPhone 3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 | Redmond Pie iPhone3.1.3 with Redsn0w 0.9.4 | Redmond Pie

Go here and follow directions exactly.

Welcome. :)

Thanks for that mate, but ive tried that one and there isnt a download for 0.9.4 on that page, anywhere, ive searched for ages.

wsm23#IM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Download the 3G 3.1.2 firmware ( google it ). Open iTunes, press hold down the shift ( or the command button on a mac ) and press the restore button in iTunes. Browse to the 3.1.2 firmware and you should be restored back to 3.1.2.

can i do this on the 3GS with new bootrom?

N3x3S

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have tried following the instructions to downgrade back down to the 3.1.2 firmware but I keep getting a 1601 error in iTunes and can't get it to drop down. How would I go about fixing this problem?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
HOW TO FIX 16xx ERRORS WHILE RESTORING

Once you get the error DONT DISCONNECT IPHONE OR CLOSE ITUNES.

1). You get the error. (in this case, 1601)
2). DON'T TURN OFF ITUNES. DON'T DISCONNECT IPHONE.
3). If the iPhone is still on, reboot/restart the phone. If it's off or unresponsive, then you'll need to kick it out of DFU mode next.
4). Press and hold the power and home button for some time to kick the phone out of DFU mode.
5). iTunes will finally detect it again.
6). Now try to simply restore it - click on the "Restore" button on iTunes, and voil?. It SHOULD work if everything went correctly.

darksniper404

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site

That will most definitely not work on it's own and hasn't since 3.0, to the OP I have a very simple tutorial here http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/189149-how-downgrade-iphone-3-1-2-3-1-3-a.html

jaggygiirl

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
will this work for iphone 2g

I was jailbroken and unlocked and had issues. I restored my iphone and it upgraded to 3.1.3. Now on my iphone's main screen, it shows the usb telling me to connect to itunes. How do I get past this. I don't use AT&T. I was unlocked using T-Mobile. But now, I'm back the factory settings. I have a general idea of how to jailbreak and unlock, just need to know how to get past that initial screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit