OS 4.0 already jailbroken???

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Not surprising. There's been a jailbreak around for 3.1.3 for a while now as well, but no groups released their exploit b/c they wanted to save it for the next major release. This shows that Apple didn't plug that hole and it was easy to apply the same jailbreak to 4.0.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yup.

So now, they jailbroke 3.1.3, 3.2, and 4.0.

And they've released none of them. That's got to piss a lot of people off, but I completely see their point as to why they haven't released it to the public yet. I'd rather wait and have 4.0 jailbroken then have the betas jailbroken and get screwed by  Apple when the gold master is released.

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
They have those 3 jailbroken, yet Im on 3.1. It's not one of the 3 you mentioned, so should upgrade mine to 3.1.3, and wait for them to release something? Or just wait on my 3.1?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
There won't be one for 3.1.3, the next one will be 3.2 ( if it's released on the iPhone which I'm doubting at this point ) or 4.0.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, I don't know, there is some buzz on twitter about <b>The</b> iPhone Dev-Team (not to be confused with musclenerd's <i>iPhone Dev-Team</I>) is going to release an untethered jailbreak for 3.1.3.

I hope it's fake, because I don't want to risk losing the exploit for 4.0.

After rethinking my position on 4.0, I think I would prefer  Apple's multitasking over backgrounder. Better battery life and less RAM usage. So I'll update to 4.0 and pray for a jailbreak. :p

sschlesinger

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
I think the should release it whether or not apple patches the holes, someone will always have some sort of exploit for the Iphone. Think about 50 million Iphones out there and no one can find a jailbreak.

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
My only need or want of a jailbreak has been for the inevitable sim unlock that will happen afterward. I could keep everything else kosher on my 3gs if only for the ability to take it on the carrier of my choosing

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably only upgrade to 4.0 if I'm able to jailbreak. There's no way I'm giving up Winterboard and the ability to add functions that I want that Apple may deem not necessary.

I find it kind of sad that my jailbroken iPhone has almost all of the features of 4.0 and then some.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I've been looking forward to this...just hope i'll still be able to have use of my vodafone sim once the jailbreak is finally released.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I've gone back to my original service provider of orange because i am sick of not having a signal at work and amongst other places. I'll still however hope that the untethered JB for 3gs is released soon coz i wont be upgrading to 4.0.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro