deleted launchdaemons,lock button broken can't restore-warranty replacement possible?

klprice1

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll simplify this as much as possible.

iPhone 3G, FW 3.1.2, jailbroken, have had it for about 6 months (definitely still within the time frame of the warranty).
relevant points:
1) I was SSH'ing into my phone, editing the launch daemons, as I always do after I sync with itunes (I observed that syncing would replace the memory draining daemons, so I'd just re-delete all of them). Well my retarded ass accidentally deleted the entire launch daemon file, and my phone won't go past the apple logo.

2) My sleep/lock button is broken. I had to install the Quick Lock app from Rock so I could lock it by pressing an icon on the springboard.

3)I can't get into recovery mode, b/c my sleep button is broken.

Truth be told, I actually want to replace my iphone because of the broken lock thing. However, my preference would be to restore it so I could have a phone obviously, but restoration would enable me to "virginize" it and take it into the Apple store unjailbroken.

My biggest concern is that they would be able to work some weird voodoo magic on my iPhone and get past the apple logo and my jailbreaking ways would be exposed, and my warranty would be voided.

So, with all of these issues in mind, does anyone have any advice? I'd definitely appreciate any helpful suggestions you guys might have. Thanks for reading :D

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
?  ?

Well, it sounds like you're screwed, but not because of deleting the daemons, but because you're lock button is broken and you can't restore.

My question is this - why do you need the lock button to specifically restore? Connect to iTunes, update your firmware, and restore it!

Then, go into Settings>General>Auto-Lock, set it to 1 minute so it's not always draining energy, then brin it to Apple because of the broken button.

Are you having problems connecting the iPhone to iTunes? Does it read your iPhone at all?

And is there any way you could get a launchdaemon file from someone else, and use USB access to "USB-SSH" into your iPhone, and put it back to make it functional?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW